Material Development Engineer (m/f/diverse) - REF49171E
The goal of Material Development Plastics is laying the foundation of innovation for the Business Area - Original Equipment Solutions (OESL) to be the leader for highly developed, intelligent and sustainable plastic products for the automotive industry as the best solutions for each of our customers in each of our markets. Task of the Material Development Engineer Plastics is the development of new technologies with special focus on polymer based compound materials. This goal is achieved by an effective execution and management of R&D projects.
- Development of new plastics materials from internal and external sources as basis for product development to ensure technology leadership of OESL in the area of plastics components
- Lead compound development projects with external partners and establish compounding network to achieve high market flexibility for innovative, future developments
- Transform product requirements into material requirements and specifications for internal and external suppliers
- Follow market on technical development
- Act and inspire colleagues to challenge the status quo in order to create sustainable solutions
- Innovate and/or create solutions to support our corporate sustainability strategy
- Organize and perform material releases (internal and at the customer)
- Drive activities to standardize and establish master specifications
- Support material analysis of field damage parts with focus on plastics
- Following PLC regulations to ensure defined process / IATF requirements
- Drive Concept evaluation, DVP&R, FMEA, Tolerance stack-up, Pareto Search and Risk Analysis
- Completed Degree in the field of Chemistry or Materials Science, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Automotive Engineering
- Several years experience on job in the area of Engineering/Development in plastics material, product and/or process development preferred in the area of plastics compounding
- Experience in Automotive Industry
- Very good English and good German language skills (written and spoken)
- Excellent analytical skills and solution-oriented, proactive way of working
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Project Management skills
- Passion for Plastic Products
- Willingness to travel (10%)
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
The well-being of our employees is important to us. That's why we offer exciting career prospects and support you in achieving a good work-life balance with additional benefits such as:
- Training opportunities
- Mobile and flexible working models
- and much more...
Sounds interesting for you? Click here to find out more.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.
The ContiTech group sector develops and manufactures, for example, cross-material, environmentally friendly and intelligent products and systems for the automotive industry, railway engineering, mining, agriculture and other key industries. Guided by the vision of “smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber,” the group sector draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services.