The Control Engineering role is to conceptualise and design primarily modelled solutions that can be realised in practical real time solutions to meet the requirements of the projects. The control engineer is required to determine the feasibility of cascaded requirements, deriving known or new concepts from first principles, and validating through demonstration using Model based design tools in desktop modelling and finally realising and proving with a physical test. You will work closely with other engineering disciplines to design and develop appropriate solutions within the time and cost budgets of the project. The role includes the specification and execution of appropriate tests to verify the success of the developed systems.
- Use of proven design methodologies to develop elegant efficient solutions using analysis of control system design & modelling to drive subsystem component optimisations and safety driven redundancy requirements, to meet the project requirements.
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines to develop physics based analytical tools to be translated into desktop models for proof of concept, yielding a system design specifications and algorithms that translate to realtime embedded code.
- Maintain and develop control algorithms for use in a range of state of the art power electronics of multiple architectures, namely DCDC converters and multi-phase inverters. Day to day activities will include optimizing the control systems of tractions inverters for machine control - typically Synchronous permanent magnet, and Asynchronous machines.
- Support the system architecture definition and interact with other design disciplines ensuring the needs of the control system design are met.
- Plan, conduct and review testing of new software, hardware and calibrations at a variety of levels including integration testing, HIL Testing, dyno testing and vehicle level testing, sometimes including worldwide field trips.
- Measurement and calibration of system functions to comply with project requirements. Complete sign-off procedures for vehicle algorithms, calibrations and final product testing. Undertake system and vehicle development and problem-solving within tight timescales.
- Degree-qualified in a relevant science or Engineering disciplines, preferably Electronics or Controls Engineering
- Proven experience of control algorithms for Permanent Magnet Synchronous Electric Machine, Asynchronous electric machines, and associated Control systems
- Proven experience in a similar Control Systems Engineering role – previous design consultancy experience is also highly desirable
- Proven experience in state-of-the-art electric drive simulation and analysis tools, techniques, and processes
- Proven experience of High Voltage Inverters / converters
- Proven experienced in a simulation, analysis & development environment – model architecture definition, tool-chain setup, model and boundary condition set up, data processing and reporting
- Experience of modern automotive systems and common automotive practices, development lifecycle and agile methodologies
- Experience in Control system calibration, Simulation test bench and dyno based.
- Experience of applying the control system(s) and proof of concept
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays
- Additional holiday buying and selling scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Income protection and Life Assurance
- Company Pension scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/ Adoption Leave
- Training Opportunities
- Modern working environment
- Flexible working practices
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent, and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic, and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.
As an engineering and production partner, Continental Engineering Services (CES) develops customized solutions for technologically challenging tasks in automotive and industrial industries.
Become a part of a strong team and help us ensure that future mobility becomes more user-friendly, drive-efficient, safe, and comfortable.
“SmartRecruiters 계속하기"를 클릭하면 독일의 SmartRecruiters GmbH에서 운영하는 콘티넨탈 AG의 채용 포털을 방문하게 됩니다. 이 포털에서 제출된 모든 개인정보에 관한 개인정보처리자는 콘티넨탈 AG입니다. 이 포털에서 지원서를 제출하면 귀하는 다음 사항에 동의한 것으로 간주됩니다:
- 콘티넨탈 AG가 현지 법인의 채용 목적을 위해 귀하의 성명, 국적, 연락처, 이메일 주소, 경력, 학력 등 이력서 기재 정보, 추천인 정보를 수집 및 이용하고, 위 목적이 완전히 달성될 때까지 수집된 개인정보를 보유하는 것에 동의합니다.
- 콘티넨탈 AG가 수집한 위 개인정보를 채용 절차를 위하여 계열사(구체적 내용은 개인정보 처리방침 참고)에 제공하고, 위 계열사가 채용 목적을 완전히 달성할 때까지 보유하는 것에 동의합니다.
- 귀하는 위 사항에 대한 동의를 거부할 권리가 있지만, 거부할 경우 귀하의 지원서가 제출되지 못할 수 있음을 알려드립니다.