Head of Product and Process Industrialization (PPI)
The mission of the position is to plan, coordinate and control all product and process industrialization activities in order to meet budget and production targets (e.g. reduce scrap and waste, cycle times). Furthermore, the Head of PPI initiates and implements action plans for continuous improvement of all product and process industrialization relevant processes.
General Management & Strategy:
▪ manage and coordinate the product and process industrialization function of the plant/operations unit
▪ translate business/project/product specific requirements into tangible impacts on plant (e.g. invest, capacity, capability) and assess plant readiness
▪ contribute to strategic and operative planning of the plant/operations unit (e.g. with respect to investments, capacity and headcount planning)
▪ ensure the achievement of product and process industrialization targets according to internal and external customer expectations
▪ plan and implement investments for project/product specific tooling and devices (e.g. molds, mandrels, jigs, gauges) according to standards
▪ initiate and implement continuous improvement activities by applying CBS methods and training measures
▪ interface to segment, BU or BA functions in order to gather local product and process industrialization requirements and demands and other feedback
▪ participate in and/or steer global or local product and process industrialization related and cross-functional projects
▪ conduct employee dialogues, personnel development and coaching
▪ prepare, review and manage the budget and forecast of product and process industrialization cost centers
▪ ensure timely submission of financial data to controlling
▪ implement and conduct activities according to the budget established
▪ ensure that the financial goals are met
Product Industrialization Management & Process Industrialization Management
▪ manage product specific ramp-up or change projects (e.g. team setup, interfacing to business/customer organization, project planning and control, etc.) for e.g. new products, new materials, new equipment or new/relocated production processes according to standards
▪ update product specific production specifications (i.e. production process characteristics and parameters) according to standards
▪ update product specific production flow chart, production control plan (in close cooperation with Quality) and work instructions (pre-series, series) according to standards provided by (central) R&D and application engineering
▪ perform product specific testing and start-up of production process and pre-series production (e.g. ensure run@rate) and handover to production (series) according to standards
▪ update of product specific process FMEA according to local conditions and standards
▪ support product specific customer releases (PPAP, e.g. for initial series process or after product or process changes incl. initial sample test report, etc.) according to standards (e.g. trigger matrix)
Product and Process Improvement:
▪ identify and implement product optimization potential (e.g. raw material replacement) in running articles in alignment with central (segment, BU) product development or similar function according to standards
▪ solve proactively quality issues regarding customer complaints and reject rate (in close cooperation with Quality) according to standards
▪ identify and implement technical production processes optimization potential regarding quality, efficiency and capability (i.e. process parameters as e.g. extrusion speed, vulcanization time, cutting speed, etc.) according to standards
Training and Coaching:
▪ ensure the availability of qualified employees for the product and process industrialization function in cooperation with plant HR
▪ initiate and control the continuous qualification of product and process industrialization employees in cooperation with plant HR
Monitoring and Reporting:
▪ ensure product and process industrialization performance (KPI) monitoring and reporting (e.g. regarding cost, lead time, quality of product and process industrialization activities such as ramp-up projects)
▪ initiate and control measures to improve product and process industrialization performance
▪ ensure local implementation of central product and process industrialization standards
▪ provide feedback and input for further development of standards regarding product and process industrialization processes (e.g. definition of production parameters, production flow plans, production control plans and work instructions, etc.), product and process industrialization IT tools (e.g. FMEA software) to segment, BU or BA functions
Rubber and plastics tooling, processing and production equipment
Product and process industrialization related technologies, systems, infrastructures, standards and processes
Products, systems and technologies (functionalities and applications)
Quality management (including quality policies, systems and processes)
Local language & culture (intercultural sensitivity)
Problem solving and decision making tools and techniquesLean production/CBS principles, methods and tools (e.g. production management system)
Communication techniques (incl. presentation, change management, negotiation and conflict resolution techniques)
Leadership & management skills (incl. team-building, delegation, performance management and people development techniques)
Project management skills, tools and techniques
University degree, preferably in mechanical/manufacturing engineering, chemistry or related discipline (depending on plant size)
5 or more years of professional experience in various process engineering functions
cross functional experience e.g. in engineering, quality, production or CBS preferred
comprehensive experience in rubber, metal and plastic production processes and ramp-up projects
3 or more years in a leadership position, preferably in a technical team with functional and disciplinary responsibility for other individuals
experience in working with international teams on production topics and understanding of foreign cultures
proficient in minimum 2 languages, English is mandatory
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The ContiTech group sector develops and manufactures, for example, cross-material, environmentally friendly and intelligent products and systems for the automotive industry, railway engineering, mining, agriculture and other key industries. Guided by the vision of “smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber,” the group sector draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services.
“SmartRecruiters 계속하기"를 클릭하면 독일의 SmartRecruiters GmbH에서 운영하는 콘티넨탈 AG의 채용 포털을 방문하게 됩니다. 이 포털에서 제출된 모든 개인정보에 관한 개인정보처리자는 콘티넨탈 AG입니다. 이 포털에서 지원서를 제출하면 귀하는 다음 사항에 동의한 것으로 간주됩니다:
- 콘티넨탈 AG가 현지 법인의 채용 목적을 위해 귀하의 성명, 국적, 연락처, 이메일 주소, 경력, 학력 등 이력서 기재 정보, 추천인 정보를 수집 및 이용하고, 위 목적이 완전히 달성될 때까지 수집된 개인정보를 보유하는 것에 동의합니다.
- 콘티넨탈 AG가 수집한 위 개인정보를 채용 절차를 위하여 계열사(구체적 내용은 개인정보 처리방침 참고)에 제공하고, 위 계열사가 채용 목적을 완전히 달성할 때까지 보유하는 것에 동의합니다.
- 귀하는 위 사항에 대한 동의를 거부할 권리가 있지만, 거부할 경우 귀하의 지원서가 제출되지 못할 수 있음을 알려드립니다.