PLT Shift Superintendent
Responsible for effectively coordinating all Passenger and Light activities throughout the plant on evenings, nights, and on the week-end shift.
For the Passenger and Light Truck area:
- Accountable for ensuring that shift meets organizational goals and objectives. (safety, quality, cost, and customer satisfaction)
- Coordinates with PLT Department Managers in setting goals and objectives for the shift.
- Coordinates all PLT production activities on a given shift to continuously improve workflow, work product, and employee and customer satisfaction across all departments.
- Communicates instructions and accurately report problem areas, and corrective action during the shift. Monitors employee progress in achieving assigned objectives and counsels or corrects as required.
- Ensures long term production capability of the process equipment by maximizing PM and machine reliability on assigned shift.
- Effectively communicate with and utilize all support activities such as Tire Engineering, Housekeeping, Security, Human Resources, Industrial Engineering, Production and Material Control, Process Engineering, Accounting/Finance, and Maintenance/Plant Engineering.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
* Immediate Benefits
* Paid Time Off
* Tuition & Employee Discounts
* Annual Bonus
* Employer 401(k) Match
* And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader
Bachelor's or Associate's Degree
2 Year's Supervisory Experience
Legal Authorization to work in the U.S.
Manufacturing supervisory experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we've been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Mt. Vernon, IL location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented PLT Shift Superintendent to join our group. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?