Technical Specialist - FOSS Compliance
OSCAR – Open Source Compliance Audit & Review team is Continental’s primary open source compliance subject matter experts. Our expertise is in demand across the company. We engage with all Conti BU on open source policy and process, reviewing hundreds of projects each year and providing consultative advice on a variety of matters to ensure legal compliance and community acceptance for Continental software products.
As an OSS Expert, you will be spending 80% of effort in Open Source Compliance reviews. Your responsibilities will include but not limited to
a) Scan Software code packages, binaries and other software using the state of the art tools and processes
b) Identify all categories of software components – Proprietary, Third party, Open Source Software
c) Understand the licenses of software components and its compliance of use in the software packages
d) Identify & match the snippets from the SW code with the open source knowledge data base
e) Generate Bill of Materials report for the SW packages
f) Participate actively in design & development of automation tools to enhance, improve and provide state of the art automation of tool chains for CI / CD pipeline
g) Engage periodically with BU software project managers, legal officers and support deployment of best in class software deliverables to our customers
h)Participate actively in the backlog planning of a SCRUM Team
Bachelors/Masters University degree in Science / Engineering equivalent with minimum 5 years of experience with Open Source Compliance and development using any programming languages
Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant school, industry jobs and/or research experience.
• Knowledge to put the infrastructure for Conti applications in Cloud and make it operational
• knowledge in working with Jenkins or equivalent CI/CD tools
• Good experience in putting together the idea and capabilities in very simple and structured manner, and presenting it at various levels in the organization
• Experience working in an Agile development methodology is preferred
• Understanding of Open Source Software principles and communities
• Strong programming experience in web technologies, understanding of open source databases, software integration methods
• Ability to simplify and to convey complex technologies and strategies in compelling written and verbal presentations including keynotes and compliance seminars to internal and external executive audiences.
• Strong project management skills and results orientation.
• A true commitment to ethics.
Hybrid working model - 3 days work in office and 2 days work from home
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Automotive Technologies