In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating with production control and sequencing to ensure maximum production output from shop floor and affectivity of all sequences. You will also be responsible for size achievement to the warehouse.
To be a successful candidate you must be well versed in SAP PP and MMS programs, as well as the functions of SFI. You must also have experience with working with the operations team to ensure achievable product mix and complexity and ensuring the completion of all ETO/ISD/SOP are on time.
• Responsible for Budget Planning and Accomplishment
• Will manage sequencers to minimize the number of changeovers in the production sequence
• Create, review and modify Sequencer Work Instructions as job related processes are redefined and always current
• Ensure complete and ongoing training of all Sequencers in day to day use of sequencing program.
• Understand Plant Constraints (Build Rates, Machine Rates, Cure Times, etc…) and ensure sequencing team applies that knowledge to the shift sequence.
• Lead department's day to day operations maintaining efficient low cost, high quality output
• Lead a functional team within department/member of cross-functional teams
• Manage, Communicate and Review Performance of Direct Reports
• Talent Management and Employee Retention
• Manage WIP in days
• Work with the Production Control department to coordinate the scheduling of ETO/ISD/SOP
• Build, Preventative Maintenance, and QA trials that may impact the weekly schedule
• Communicate the Production deficiencies and unplanned maintenance to Production Control department and Production Manager
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelors degree in Supply Chain or related field required
• 5+ years experience in manufacturing
• 2 + years experience in planning
• Strong MS Office Skills (Word and Excel)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Good managerial skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Sumter location is seeking an Industrial Engineering Department Manager to join our management team. The ideal candidate has excellent communication and leadership skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?