Intern - Logistics Analyst, Year-Round
- Building reports and visualizations in Tableau for executive summaries and operational activities
- Create inventory reporting dashboards
- Create monthly report on overage tires to scrap
- Create weekly cut report
- Create EMEA & Brazil import tracking report
- Compile weekly DC snapshot report to give top management an overview/summary of warehousing situation
- Will focus on minimizing detention and demurrage costs for incoming product from both domestic and foreign plants
- Track warehouse throughput daily
- Work on creating back-end data sources using SQL server and Redshift
- Create dashboards for tracking inbound freight by product group and location to ensure availability and proper timing
- Create 'prioritization list' to ensure warehouse is unloading the proper trailers on a given day to maximize sales
- Weekly review of warehouse volumes in and out by product group
- Audit invoices from Third Party Logistics partners
- Ensure that all data supplied to internal colleagues and leadership is validated and correct before distribution
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Competitive pay
- Hands on experience with the team
- Project experience
- Company lunch and learns
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Student currently attending an accredited university working towards a bachelor’s degree in Marketing Analytics, Business Administration, Data Science or another related field
- Currently enrolled in school for the next 12 months
- Must have and maintain a 2.8 GPA or higher
- Able to work at least 30 hours per week (Mon - Fri)
- Morning business hour availability Monday through Friday
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Word and Excel
- Legal Authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now or in the future for this job opening
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
- Tableau experience
- SQL experience
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility. The America’s headquarters located in Fort Mill, South Carolina is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Logistics Analyst Intern to join our logistics group! The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?