Intern - Research & Development (R&D) - ATD Americas, Summer 2023
This position is with ContiTech USA Inc, Advanced Technology Development division inside of the Material, Technology & Operations central functions for the Americas in Fairlawn, Ohio. The position is for the summer months during a typical university break.
The interns responsibilities include:
- Lead 2-3 projects in material science to study novel materials and to discover and promote sustainable materials into ContiTech Products
- Perform market research to generate new material science options for evaluations and/or discover new applications
- Coordinate testing with laboratory, prepare samples, organize trials and offer guidance as needed
- Leads their own research with only basic guidance and suggestions from leadership and coworkers
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Competitive pay
- Hands on experience with the team
- Project experience
- Company lunch and learns
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Must be actively enrolled in a university or college working towards a B.S. degree in a relevant field
- Able to work 40 hours per week during normal business hours (Mon-Fri)
- Must have and maintain a minimum GPA of a 2.8 or higher
- Minimum sophomore standing or higher
- Available to work from our Fairlawn, OH office location
- Good Familiarity with MS Office Applications: MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Willing to learn about other software used in the company
- Analytical mindset for creating proper experiments and problem solving
- Self-motivated and highly independent
- Willingness to discuss ideas and give feedback in 1:1 and smaller audiences
- Displays a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow
- Legal Authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now or in the future for this job opening
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.