Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer - CES (TM)
Continental Engineering Services (CES) is active worldwide as an independently operating provider of comprehensive engineering services.
The segment "Interior Functions" develops embedded system solutions for all interior functions in all kinds of vehicles.
We develop by integration of existing components stable and fast solutions for use in small series and special vehicles. We are always seeking useful applications beyond the automotive area and also offer a range of conceptual and feasibility studies.
Our portfolio of innovative products offers flexible and customization solutions across the automotive and non-automotive markets.
The responsibilities of our new colleague will be:
- Creation of customer-specific software solutions in the field of Connected Car functions like telematic and remote services and software update over the air (FOTA);
- Cooperation in building a complex IT system that serves as a platform for innovative internet-based services and applications for the vehicle of the future;
- Responsibility for software functions including high-level design for embedded Linux automotive control units;
- Analysis and extension of existing software modules according to customer requirements;
- Analyze and establish security requirements for systems/networks;
- Defining security concepts;
- Compliance with SW requirements within an agile development approach;
- Support for hardware development team during board bring up;
- Cross-functional diversified tasks;
- Working in an international project team.
- Completed studies in computer science or a comparable degree;
- Experience in the automotive sector, preferably in connected car, telematics or infotainment area;
- Advanced programming skills in C++ under Linux environment;
- Advanced Linux knowledge (IPC, DBUS, SJJ, CLANG, OS run levels);
- Experiences with object-oriented programming, smart pointers, data containers, STL, threads;
- Inter process communication; DBUS – Linux service for IPC;
- TCP/IP Stack, Sockets – based network communications and IP security;
- Application security and encryption technologies;
- Experience with GIT, Gerrit, JIRA, Clockwork/Linter, Jenkins, google/mock framework, CANoe, Android debug bridge, NAD flashing tools;
- Agile Teamwork as well as clear and open communication.
- What we offer :
Pay for Performance:
- Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
- Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
- Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
- Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
- In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
- Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
- Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
- Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
- Access to e-learning platforms;
- Career development opportunities (local and international);
- Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent, and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2019, Continental generated sales of €44.5 billion and currently employs more than 230,000 people in 59 countries and markets.