ASIC Design Engineer (m/f/diverse) REF14954F
We are looking for you to support our Business Area Autonomous Mobility at the location Ulm.
As a senior analog mixed signal (ASIC) design engineer (m/f/diverse) you specify, design and implement functional circuit blocks to meet the specifications of an IC. You have the opportunity to work on Continental’s diverse innovative automotive applications and find optimized solutions for their specific needs. Special care must be taken during design to meet the stringent automotive requirements. Hands-on layout is desired.
Your tasks will focus on the following activities:
- Participation in feasibility studies for ASICs and specification definition
- Design of transistor level circuits
- Design, simulation and testing of analog and mixed signal circuits
- Design documentation
- Design validation
- Development of test procedures
- Supporting transition to manufacturing
- Collaborating with digital design, layout, verification, test and application teams
- Mentoring of less experienced team members
This completes your profile:
- Master of Science / Ph.D. in electrical engineering / microelectronics / physics or similar field of qualification
- Deep expertise and several years of experience with design of mixed signal circuits
- Advanced knowledge in semiconductor backend production (testing, assembly and failure analysis)
- Experienced in IC design tools (e.g. Cadence, Synopsys or Mentor) and scripting languages (e.g. Python, MatLab or Skill)
- Experienced in one or more of the following fields is a plus:
- High performance data converters
- Frequency synthesis
- ESD protection
- Chip level verification using SystemVerilog
- Chip architecture definition
- Top level integration experience/full chip responsibility
- Experience in designing for automotive applications
- Very good English language skills written and spoken
- German language skills are a plus
- Planning and organizing skills
- The ability to take initiative and to communicate effectively
- Eagerness to grow and develop
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
What we offer:
- Our products save lives. We offer you an interesting and varied job as part of a motivated team at one of the largest suppliers to the automotive industry
- An attractive compensation package, that comes along with unique flexible working conditions like hybrid work, flexible working time and sabbaticals, that help you to balance work, family and spare time
- Exciting, varied projects in our high-tech customer environment
- Numerous career opportunities and the rapid assumption of responsibility, in line with our four corporate values passion to win, trust, freedom and for one another
- A large selection of internal and external training measures, supported by our group-wide learning platform and regular feedback meetings as part of our talent management
- A comprehensive range of additional benefits, such as various sports and wellness offers, JobRad and sick pay supplement
- Child care services, subsidies for child-sick days and much more
- Attractive regions to live and work directly on Lake Constance, in the country or in the cosmopolitan city with a heart
You would like to learn more about our additional services? Click here to find out more.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.