Sales Representative for ContiTech Oil & Marine - Houston, TX
Personal requirements to be fulfilled by job holder:
Confident team player with good commercial awareness and good organizational skills, good communicator, strong attention to detail, good technical awareness, reliability, ability to meet deadlines & learn new products.
- Make and maintain contact with existing and potential customers, particularly within but not limited to the Texas region
- Promote the Company’s products and pursue new sales opportunities within the Oil & Gas industry
- Prepare Quotations/ Process Sales orders/ Prepare Internal Purchase orders
- Support Sales Dept. with Quotations, Sales Orders, Internal Purchase Orders, maintain files and customer support
- Ensure appropriate maintenance of all necessary customer and project files
- Carry out negotiations with customers within the limits of agreed guideline. Assist negotiation of Supply/ Service and Price agreements with customers, and liaise with the company’s Corporate Legal departments.
- Issue reports on sales activities, as required by the Company and by Group Departments
- Draw up plans/ sales forecasts as required.
- Meet the customers’ representatives at their or the company’s facility and record all discussions in Meeting minutes
- Organize Lunch & Learns at the customer’s or the company’s facility
- Monitor market activities (customers/competitors/trends etc) and report as and when appropriate.
- Closely cooperate and liaise with the cross functional Sales Dept. to ensure prompt and efficient response to customers’ requirements
- Support Company activities to drive organic growth in line with ContiTech Group Strategy and Management Principles
- Adhere to and carry out all Health & Safety and Environmental requirements as laid out in Company Policies
- Carry out any reasonable task as requested by the Sales Manager or a Senior Manager
- Relevant experience / qualification with an engineering background welcomed.
- Inside and Outside Sales and project management experience within the oil & gas industry preferred, but not limited to, within the area of drilling and production, including:
- Direct dealing with customers in purchasing, engineering
- Involvement in cross-functional project teams
- Internal reporting/ forecasting
- Project management for high value orders
- New business generation
- Knowledge of oil & gas purchase practices
- Good command of Microsoft Office software applications
- Good knowledge of Company products
- Degree/ Experience in engineering (not mandatory)
- SAP / Sales Force for Order entry
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The ContiTech business area focuses on smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber and develops digital and intelligent solutions in future-oriented sectors.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer.