CNC Set Up Machinist - 3rd Shift
As a CNC Set Up Machinist, you will provide support to ensure that we manufacture quality products so that our customers have the right part number when they need it. In addition, you will be responsible for:
- PM’s, fixture work, inputting data into production systems, and ensuring timely changeovers occur.
- Interfacing with Operators, Maintenance, Production Team Leads, Management and Engineering on machine issues that decrease the run rate, 6S of the plant and the machines you are responsible for.
- Performing quality checks dictated by the control plans for all production equipment.
- Setting up sophisticated CNC machines, changing and adjusting tools and fixtures, and monitoring progress to ensure production of quality parts.
- Producing and verifying effective offsets from CMM reports.
- Tracking tool life and changing tools at the required time; testing prototype tooling.
- Partnering with Engineering on new product startup and process improvements.
- Effectively changing over machines to the next part number.
- Coordinating with Maintenance in troubleshooting machine problems and performing minor maintenance on equipment.
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work area, following 5S principles and completing a cleaning checklist.
- Providing Operator coverage as needed; cross-training with other functions within the plant.
- Performing other activities as assigned.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
Pay rate is commensurate with experience: $25.00 – $39.00/hour plus $1.00/hour shift differential
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
- Minimum 5 years of experience performing CNC Set Up duties.
- Ability to work 8-hour shift with periodic overtime requirements.
- Ability to frequently lift 25 lbs.; ability to push up to 200 lbs.
- This role requires frequent bending, stooping, pulling and pushing.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, utilizing independent judgment.
- Must be able to work 2nd shift (3:00pm – 11:00pm CST)
- Minimum of 8 years of experience performing CNC Set Up duties.
- Prior Team Lead responsibilities.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The ContiTech group sector develops and manufactures, for example, cross-material, environmentally friendly and intelligent products and systems for the automotive industry, railway engineering, mining, agriculture and other key industries. Guided by the vision of “smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber,” the group sector draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services.