Weaver (2nd & 3rd shift, Pay Range: $15.75 - $18.50)
Set up, operate, or tend machines that knit, loop, weave, or draw in textiles. This employee participates in any improvement that is necessary to achieve customer satisfaction. Total commitment to ContiTech’s Quality Management System is a part of every employee’s responsibility in order to achieve and exceed the Company’s Quality Objectives. Responsible for implementing and following 6S guidelines.
- Operation Monitoring — Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Operation and Control — Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Operates battery of looms to weave yarn into cloth.
- Continuously patrol looms and creels.
- Corrects misdraws and crossed ends.
- Observes cloth being woven to detect weaving defects.
- Removes defects in cloth by cutting and pulling out filling.
- Adjusts pattern chain to resume weaving.
- Examines looms to determine cause of loom stoppage, such as warp, filling, harness breaks, or mechanical defects.
- Uses air splicer to splice pieces of yarn to broken end and threads yarn through drop wires, heddle eyes, and reed dents to repair warp breaks, using reed hook.
- Pulls out broken filling and pushes rapier through shed to insert new pick and repair filling breaks.
- Adjust machine heating mechanisms (i.e. hot knife), tensions, and speeds to produce specified products.
- Inspect products to ensure that specifications are met and to determine if machines need adjustment.
- Notify supervisors or technicians of mechanical malfunctions.
- Record information about work completed and machine settings.
- Manages 6S standards and housekeeping in weave room and facility as necessary
- Adhere to safety requirements including required PPE standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 6 months of continuous manufacturing or warehouse experience
- Meets eligibility requirements.
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Must be able to work with/around chemicals.
- Computer literate, knowledge of SAP, lotus notes and Microsoft Access 97 preferred.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and a team player.
- Must be able to multi task
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be flexible to work various shifts.
- Must be able to lift minimum 25lbs daily.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Experience desired.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- $500 sign on bonus (new employees, after 90 days of acceptable attendance)
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Hogansville, GA location is seeking a Weaver to join our team. The ideal candidate is a team player, dependable, and works well within a team environment.