▪ Handling all Industrial Relation (IR) cases including act as prosecuting officer in Domestic Inquiry, drafting show cause letters, charge sheet, punishment letters, conduct prelimary investigations and prepare investigation report for Management's evaluation etc
▪ To become Management representative in the bargaining of collective agreement including develop, recommend and implement mandates for collective bargaining to ensure consistency across the Company.
▪ Resolve all employees' disputes and grievance matters including establish guidelines which provide an effective resolution of any grievance matters.
▪ Provide strategic and day to day labour relations guidance and advice to management and human relations personnel in a fast paced, team driven, customer focused environment
▪ Ensure all managers are aware and well-informed of the collective agreements.
▪ Engage with the line managers and the union members in understanding the business requirement which has an impact in the collective agreements
▪ To promote employee well being, happiness and condusive working atmosphere such as organizing and promotion of Company's events, sports & recreation, etc
▪ Visitation of employees who are hospitalised or on prolonged illness
▪ Attending employee & their immediate family members funeral
▪ Handle SOCSO / insurance cases
▪ Ensure all company facilites in good condition
▪ Provide constant review and update to the management on the union climate.
▪ Provide recommendations and be pro-active in the implementation of any new policies which will support positive industrial engagement and harmonious relationship between union and management.
▪ Monitor employment court rulings which will have an impact on the union-management long term relationship.
▪ To assist the HRM in preparing annual Departmental plan, strategy, and budget.
▪ To provide support to all Departments pertaining to IR&ER and TMOD matters.
▪ Attending case at IR Office, Labour and court cases.
▪ Liase with Payroll and IE on discipline letter and Company lawyer
▪ Accept the responsibility and striving for excellence in all work processes and outcomes, honouring organization policies and all regulatory requirements.
Safety & Environment:
▪ Understanding and adherence to environmental, safety and health policy, procedures and regulations issued by Safety & Health Department and Quality & Environmental Department and also to take care of own safety as well as working colleagues within the plant premises.
Degree in related discipline eg. Business Studies/Human Resource Management/Public Administration or Industrial Pyschology
Minimum 5 years, preferably Managers specializing in Human Relations or equivalent. Job role in General HR or Employee/Labour Relation.
HR knowledge of Malaysia local and expat employment practices and labour laws is desirable.
Minimum 5 - 7 years’ progressive HR experience (HR consulting, HR & administration experience) gained with multinational companies ideally in fast-changing industries such as servicing companies, retail services, professional firms, FMCG groups.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.