ADAS/Autonomous Mobility R&D Systems Engineer Senior
Autonomous Mobility for You. Anywhere. Anytime. This is our vision, and in the Autonomous Mobility (AM) business area, we bring together all the competencies needed to make this vision a reality, and to put autonomous systems on the road. We strongly believe that Autonomous Mobility will enhance the quality of life of people and will increase the safety in the roads.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer at our R&D Queretaro, Mexico location that will help us realize this vision. We are looking for creative minds who are passionate about shaping the future of automated driving by delivering solutions for different customer projects.
As a Systems Engineer (SE) you will be responsible to specify and design ADAS/AM products. You will interface with multiple internal and external stakeholders in order to understand the various levels of requirements, the viable technologies, and the anticipated development. As SE, you have to consider and align with the system levels above and below your role assignment in the project.
Your work you will support the development of ADAS/AM systems which may include technologies such as RADAR, camera, LIDAR, other related vehicle sensing components and as well high-performance automotive computers, which together enable driving functions and other automated driving features to make Autonomous Mobility happen.
- Concept definition, specification, and design of advanced driver assistance systems (technology, hardware and software implementation, vehicle integration and test).
- Analyze customer and stakeholder requirements and coordinate appropriate in-depth analysis with respective domains of subsystem development.
- Define the system requirements by considering the internal and customer requirements.
- Define the system architecture including allocation of functions to physical components for the project and considering technical safety concepts.
- Responsible for system technical risk analysis (System-FMEA, DRBFM, FTA etc.)
- Ensure a proper technical product documentation and perform product presentations to customers.
- Creation and maintenance of system documents and coordination of their compilation.
- Close and effective collaboration with project management, cross functional project team and customers.
- Support of new project acquisition through product definition and creation of technical bases for the preparation of offers.
- Academic degree in electrical engineering, mechatronics, computer science, physics, mechanics, or comparable field of qualification.
- Several years of experience in automotive development (hardware, systems engineering or software) including interaction with internal and external stakeholders and customers. Direct experience with Automotive Tier 1s or OEMs.
- Experienced in engineering of complex systems (systems engineering, hardware, or software)
- Experience with requirements engineering/management and systems modeling (UML/SysML)
- Experienced in automotive development tools like DOORS and Rhapsody.
- Knowledge of automotive standards (ASPICE, ISO 26262 etc.)
- Fluent communication in English (TOEIC 900+) for project and technical communication.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to understand complex systems.
- Very good communication skills and cross-cultural competence.
- Background working with sensor data processing, ADAS or autonomous systems.
- Good knowledge of automotive networking and communications protocols (including CAN and Ethernet)
- Experience on AGILE methodologies and tools.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
ADAS/Autonomous Mobility R&D Embedded System Test Engineer Senior