The Production Planner executes the planning activities to optimize finished goods inventory levels across the supply chain network. This position is responsible for both strategic and tactical production scheduling to meet customer requirements while minimizing working capital, manufacturing, and distribution cost as well. The role requires the ability to communicate clearly and openly with both operations personnel regarding production schedules and the materials team regarding capacity and material constraints. This individual will use independent judgment and discretion consistent with company standards and expectations.
Essential Duties and Tasks; Responsibilities and Expectations
- Develops production schedule for assembly lines and departments finding the right balance between customer deliveries and production efficiency.
- Identify and implement best practices for the role and create standard documentation to support the process.
- Actively participate in problem solving and process improvements with operations, materials, product management and customer service.
- Work with our sales and marketing team on initiatives impacting operations including seasonal fluctuations, price increases, promotions, and new product launches.
- Analyze and create operating schedules that support maximizing assembly line and labor efficiency and efficiently utilize material while meeting customer requirements.
- Assesses production progress to plan and measures overall schedule attainment.
- Manage inventory target levels for finished goods using MRD methodology, BI reports and D365.
- Adjust schedules to address unexpected situations such as production downtime, staffing shortages, a spike in customer demand and material shortages.
- Key point person for on the operations side for month end close working with accounting and production
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required. Business, Operations, or Supply Chain Management degrees preferred.
- Prior experience in a Production Scheduling role and prior experience utilizing ERP system is preferred.
- D365 experience is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with other functional areas to build trusted relationships.
- Effective trouble shooting, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Understanding of the extended process of material procurement, capacity planning, inventory analysis and planning techniques.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to perform complex requirements.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point); Proficient in MS Excel, including advanced spreadsheet creation and manipulation
- Excellent organizational, planning, and attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Self-motivated with a high level of personal drive
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
We make individual mobility safer, more comfortable and more sustainable. As a partner to the automotive industry, Continental develops and manufactures components, modules and systems. The safety and comfort of road users are at the center of our work. In addition, we develop ever more products which contribute to the protection of the environment by reducing fuel consumption.
Continental is one of the five largest automobile suppliers worldwide. Our development centers and production facilities are located where our customers are, so we are always nearby – worldwide. Many of our business units have excellent competitive positions: We are number one worldwide for foundation brakes, safety electronics, telematics, vehicle instrumentation, and fuel supply systems, and number two for electronic brake systems and brake boosters. We are the fourth worldwide for tires and are the European market leader for passenger and light truck tires, winter tires, and industrial tires. Our ContiTech division is the world market leader for foils used in vehicle interiors, conveyor belts, as well as for air springs used in rail transportation technology.
The Plant is certified on TS 16949, ISO 14001, ANSI ESD S.20-2007, IEC 61340-5-1:2007.
“SmartRecruiters 계속하기"를 클릭하면 독일의 SmartRecruiters GmbH에서 운영하는 콘티넨탈 AG의 채용 포털을 방문하게 됩니다. 이 포털에서 제출된 모든 개인정보에 관한 개인정보처리자는 콘티넨탈 AG입니다. 이 포털에서 지원서를 제출하면 귀하는 다음 사항에 동의한 것으로 간주됩니다:
- 콘티넨탈 AG가 현지 법인의 채용 목적을 위해 귀하의 성명, 국적, 연락처, 이메일 주소, 경력, 학력 등 이력서 기재 정보, 추천인 정보를 수집 및 이용하고, 위 목적이 완전히 달성될 때까지 수집된 개인정보를 보유하는 것에 동의합니다.
- 콘티넨탈 AG가 수집한 위 개인정보를 채용 절차를 위하여 계열사(구체적 내용은 개인정보 처리방침 참고)에 제공하고, 위 계열사가 채용 목적을 완전히 달성할 때까지 보유하는 것에 동의합니다.
- 귀하는 위 사항에 대한 동의를 거부할 권리가 있지만, 거부할 경우 귀하의 지원서가 제출되지 못할 수 있음을 알려드립니다.