Advanced Purchaser (m/f/diverse)
As an Advanced Purchaser you are steering all material cost related content in close collaboration with internal (e.g. Engineering, Quality, Project management, logistics) and external (e.g. suppliers) stakeholders. The job can be either staffed in Lindau or Ulm.
Your main tasks will be:
- Leading global project teams throughout the entire sourcing activities in order to secure competitive material costs for acquisitions and series programs
- Complete Responsibility for the Bill of Material from early design phase until end of production (EOP)
- Planning and execution of price negotiations with suppliers
- Identification and implementation of cost improvements
- Negotiation of change management packages with suppliers
- Management of supply assurance for relevant technologies and steering of taskforce activities in order to guarantee resilient supply chains
- Make or Buy Analysis
- Close collaboration with dedicated plants worldwide
- Scouting for new technologies in a global market environment
- Proactive leading and steering of cost improvement workshops worldwide
- Early supplier involvement
- Academic degree in Engineering, Applied Science, Applied Economics or similar qualification
- First years of relevant professional experience in Purchasing, preferable within the Automotive industry
- Very good handling with MS Office software
- Business fluent English language skills (written and spoken)
- Experience in working within a global team set-up
- High passion and proactive working style
- Strong skills in negotiation and project management.
- Strong intercultural competence
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
- Our products save lives. We offer you an interesting and varied job as part of a motivated team at one of the largest suppliers to the automotive industry
- Exciting, varied projects in our high-tech customer environment
- We set great value to a pleasant working atmosphere, characterized by professional and personal appreciation, in which mutual support is a matter of course
- Extensive design options and independent work in an international work environment characterized by flat hierarchies
- Numerous career opportunities and the rapid assumption of responsibility, in line with our four corporate values of passion to win, trust, freedom and for one another
- Attractive regions to live and work directly on Lake Constance, in the country or in the cosmopolitan city with a heart
Shape the future of autonomous mobility with us!
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.
Global Category Manager Data and Voice (Telecommunication & Network)
Global Category Manager - Production Equipment Purchasing (m/w/divers)