New Product Launch (NPL) Engineer
- Develop the Manufacturing Concept based on product architecture and requirements matching them to state of the art production processes and technologies
- Develop operations quotes for industrialization based upon product requirement, lean principles and robust processes
- Defines operations project targets (financial, scheduling and scope) = quality triangle
- Establishes an adequate project base (meetings and cadence, information/ knowledge exchange, documentation, archiving)
- Develops and maintains the Operations Plan in accordance with the valid processes (phases, deliverables, gates, etc.) thoughout life of project. Achieving the agreed operations objectives
- Perform Risk Management activities, control and steer the implementation of risk items with line and project management
- Responsible until completion of activities within operations to meet the specific, cost, timing, and quality requirements as directed from the Project Manager
- Evaluate performance of team members in accordance with line management. Actively manage and optimize the use of resources on project. Assigning activities to the operations project team members (delegation and direction)
- Oversees the implementation of the equipment and processes necessary for the product
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent with minimum 3 years’ experience in the Automotive industry
- Experience in new product induction, Process or Manufacturing activities and documentations e.g. FMEA, PQP, Cmk, Cpk, SPC, Time Study, Line Balancing, Work Instructions, Visual Aids, Set Up Plan
- At least 2 year(s) of working experience in relevant field is required for this position
- Knowledge and experience in Statistical software, AutoCAD and exposure is an added advantage
- Must have good command of English and Bahasa Malaysia and literacy in MS Office applications
- Independent, self-driven, active team player with good interpersonal, good communication skills (verbally as well as written), flexibility with pragmatically approaches to finish the job on time
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.