Internship Hardware Technician for Autonomous Driving (Iasi)
As a Internship Hardware Technician in our group, you will:
- Repair damaged ECUs (Electronic Control Units) and Evaluation Boards used in interdisciplinary projects;
- Perform quick validation electronic testing setups on different ECUs and/or other electronic boards;
- Perform low complexity mechanical adaptations to different devices/ECUs;
- Build up entire HIL systems in 19 inch raks;
- Be responsible for purchasing of small equipment and electronic parts, testing accessories, consumables, etc.;
- Support the local calibration and inventory sessions of testing equipment;
- Cooperate within our international development teams and synchronize with our internal customers.
You will have an assigned mentor the entire integration period that will help you integrate in the organization and guide you towards taking your own responsibilities.
You can be a match to our team if you have:
- Final year of studies in faculty or college/high-school degree in a relevant electronics field (i.e. Electronics and Telecommunication, Electrotechnics, Electric Drives, Automations, etc.);
- Basic-medium knowledge of electronics (for using measurement equipment and being able to understand a schematic);
- Practical experience in working with soldering and desoldering equipment, high pin count
packages, SMD/BGA components and mechanical tools (pliers, screwdrivers, drilling machine);
- English (professional level).
We would also appreciate the following qualities:
- Ability to work in a distributed team within a dynamic environment;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Attention to details;
- Basic hardware (development and/or testing) knowledge.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries & financial benefits;
- Flexible working time;
- Health & wellness (Life Assurance, Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities, Canteen etc.);
- Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
- Work with the state-of-the-art equipment and technology.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Passionate about hardware but also interested in smart cars? Take a look at our Internship Hardware Technician role in our Autonomous Mobility and Safety team.
Within Autonomous Mobility and Safety division, your skills can make a difference in supporting the development of exciting new automotive products and technologies. We create products for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), an emerging and innovative field in the automotive business. Advanced performance computing, high speed communication interfaces and overall cutting-edge technologies are all parts of our Electronic Control Unit (ECU) that brings automated driving (self-driving) cars closer to present and in the same time chances for you to further develop.
If you are an electronics enthusiast which enjoys working with electronic PCBs, physical electronic components, specific hardware/mechanical tools and basic test equipment then we would like to meet you!