Technical Product Manager - Digital Solutions - The Americas
Continental Tire has been around for 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable, and accessible to all. The America’s headquarters located in Fort Mill, South Carolina is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Technical Product Manager, responsible for Digital Tire Monitoring Solutions to join our Truck Tire group! The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
The Technical Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the Product Lifecycle, including gathering and prioritizing user insights / application scenarios and requirements, defining the product vision and specification, and working closely with R&D / IT, sales, marketing and support to realize the product and ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager also ensures that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals and contributes to the product portfolio and roadmap planning.
Be part of an entrepreneurial team and culture: fast decision-making processes, exploration of new ideas and solutions, and a sense of community.
• Develop user insights and map the user journey in collaboration with User Insights & UX Management, as well as external partners for Continental DS and Continental Tires user groups
• Identify application scenarios / tasks to be done from a user perspective
• Support research and apply trends to Identify future scenarios
• Monitor and share competitor’s activities
• Develop business model along the business model canvas
• Calculate profound business cases for solutions / products in collaboration with Marketing & Sales of different business units
• Monitor & review business performance of portfolio / product / solution throughout its lifecycle
• Lead product planning, execution and launch projects and market entry (North and Latin Americas) for digital tire monitoring solutions.
• Define & manage customer centric solution / product / feature portfolio and align priorities with Central PM and business units
• Define product strategy for the Americas Region to ensure strategic roadmap that is consistent with medium- and long-term vision from Americas and obtain tailored support for market entry activities in North and Latin American markets.
• Manage a Regional product planning cycle that allows capturing accurate and detailed feedback about any product and product-related requirement from all relevant stakeholders (customers, partners, and internal members) in North and Latin America while also connecting with the global product planning process. Sustain strong relationship with IT and R&D Teams in Europe to extend technical approach to local product activities (especially coordination of field tests) and establish a path for recurrent knowledge transfer as new Digital Solutions are developed.
• Support the B2B in the aftermarket and other key customer segments, launching services and solutions that are end customer-oriented.
• Manage and prioritize requirements and associated functions / features
• Ensure customer focus through initiating and managing joint PoC's, field testing and surveys
• Ensure market readiness (quality standards, homologation, manuals, legal and other regulatory requirements)
• Define market entry strategies and activities together with other Marketing areas & Sales
• Support internal and external customers (e.g. training, marketing communications, presentations, creation of FAQs...)
• Serial product support:
- Ensure trouble free operations / functionality of products and solution and initiate corrective actions in case of issues
- Support internal stakeholders with expert know-how
- Sustain in-depth knowledge of the automotive and TPMS industry, technology-trends, and competitive products across Americas. Develop and execute actions to share information, acting as a transformational agent for the Tire Division Americas. Develop and implement internal processes that channel market and field feedback into internal processes for product improvement based on the customer voice.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technology, Engineer or similar
• 5+ years professional experience
• 3+ years’ experience as Product Manager, Product Owner or Business Developer in digital products / services
• 3+ years of experience in project management in agile project environments
• Application knowledge of Office 365
• Ability to travel 15% of the time (local and international)
• Continental is able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
• Legal Authorization to work in the US is required. We will only sponsor current internal Continental employees for employment visas now or in the future for this job opening.
• 10+ years’ experience as Product Manager, Product Owner or Business Developer in digital products / services
• Experience in working in diverse teams on a global level and in a matrix organization
• Think and act customer-centered
• Profound knowledge and understanding of digital services and technologies
• Experience in calculation of business cases
• Passion and high motivation to drive topics in interdisciplinary, diverse and agile teams
• Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects and diverse stakeholders in matrix organizations
• Quick perception and observation, independent way of working
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility.
Technical Product Manager - Digital Solutions - The Americas
Field Sales Trainee - Passenger and Light Truck Tire