Quality Control Inspector (Part-Time)
Provide quality engineering support services including data analysis, tracking of nonconforming material, and interfacing with production support teams.
1. Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and tasks
2. Maintains quality operating records and reports / results
3. Quality, ensure that all personnel are following their procedures to produce a quality product
4. Ensure that all issues concerning Quality and Downtime are properly escalated
5. 5S Area Auditor, Facilitate 5S improvements in the area
6. Productivity Improvement, make suggestions for improving productivity and cost, proper level of staffing, training, methods, minimize the impact of changeovers and shift changes
7. Performs tests (already at the line) to verify production/process conditions if required. Reports any malfunctions or abnormalities at the process / equipment to production personnel and escalate them if necessary.
8. Help / support production quality problems resolution and their potential cause
9. Ability to read and correctly interpret documentation such as drawings and technical specifications
10. Familiarity with electronic components and associated nomenclature
11. Assist in analyzing and troubleshooting product failing production testing
12. Assist in analyzing to determine the cause of outgoing Q.C. defects
13. Assist special product failure investigation (customer returns, etc.)
14. Assist Q.C. Engineering in troubleshooting process related problems
15. Assist SQE to resolve supplier test correlation issues
16. Support audits to work instructions, CP, PCA's, ePCA and quality alerts
17. Perform and report on the results of production process audits
18. Pass down, ensure that a detailed pass down is given to the next shift
19. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
20. Serve as a mentor for the less experienced team members
21. Must be able to fill in as needed in any of the other QC positions throughout the facility (plant wide)
22. Maintain their work area clean and 5s compliance (includes production line, tool storage areas, office area, and file cabinets)
Part-Time: 6-10pm; min. 12 hours; max. of 32 hours a week.
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. Minimum Experience 2+ years
3. Willing to develop computer skills
4. Able to use Excel, Word, Power Point, Brio, Imaging software, and other advanced software skills
5. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
6. Relocation will not be provided
1. Aid with troubleshooting and diagnose highly complex problems with processes and equipment and define, recommend, and implement solutions upon request by appropriate persons
2. Thorough knowledge of SMT process
3. Thorough knowledge of containment process
4. Can update and author P Quality guides
5. Interface: (support, assist, negotiate, consult) with operators, peers, supervision, and management
6. Set an example for all in work ethics: skill level, application of said skills, and communications
7. Highly motivated individual capable of working with limited supervision
8. Be proactive and promote teamwork between the technicians and production operators
9. Participate in team problem solving and/or method improvement activities
10. Have constant respect for others. Have strong, clear, written, and verbal communication skills
11. High Degree of problem solving and communication skills
12. Strong mechanical aptitude
13. Sound logic reasoning skills
14. Ability to function under high stress
15. Advanced root cause analysis skills
16. IPC-A-610 Standard (Expert Knowledge)
17. Train other QC in all quality software tools, quality inspector methods, and quality improvement procedures
18. Must be computer literate and able to interpret and utilize, Microsoft Windows applications, quality analysis tools, email
1. Knowledge of MES routing
2. Assists with quality crisis management
3. Takes lead role in containing and inspecting for suspect or nonconforming product or material
1. Can assist with preparations for external audits
2. Take a lead role alongside engineers during audits
3. Interact with auditors and actively participates in answering process and quality control questions
4. Interaction with cross functional teams
5. Interacts with technicians to make sure OOC conditions have been resolved
6. Provide feedback to process and supplier quality engineers
7. Interacts with SQE, Process engineers, Failure Analysis, Tech Ops, and MES on a frequent basis
8. Be a resource to cross functional teams.
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds unassisted. Must be able to stand for periods up to 10+ hours. Must be able to Push, Pull Reach, Twist, Turn, Stoop, Walk, Stand for 10+ hours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.
Join the New Braunfels, TX team for the exciting journey of a new facility start-up (Greenfield). The $110 million facility will manufacture Advanced Driver Assistance Systems for automated and assisted driving. Join the Continental team that manufactures products that save lives everyday!