TPM Industrial Engineering Internship
POSITION SUMMARY: The TPM Industrial Engineering Internship at Continental is a once in a lifetime opportunity to support a new facility start-up located in New Braunfels, Texas. The $110 million facility will manufacture Advanced Driver Assistance Systems for automated and assisted driving. The IE TPM Internship position is a developmental role to gain practical experience in technical functions and support the needs of the department. In this capacity, the TPM IE Intern will contribute to successful operations for the new facility site. This position is scheduled to last 12 weeks in length from May 20, 2024-August 9, 2024.
• Collect information from existing trainings and local experts, to assist in rolling out our Total Productive Maintenance program
• Assist in Video training development and editing
• Support other Engineering duties and projects as assigned
The TPM Industrial Engineering Intern can expect to gain practical experience in a broad range of Industrial Engineering focused functions including:
• Gain deep knowledge in different technical aspects of the production equipment • Gain deep knowledge in the Total Productive Maintenance program at Continental and how it support career growth for team members
• Learn how to adjust and trouble shoot a variety of different production processes for automotive electronics
• Learn and apply various approaches to continuously improve production KPI’s
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY:
• Once in a lifetime opportunity to gain new facility start-up experience • Awesome employee discounts on travel, electronics, vehicles, tires, and more
• Holiday pay
• Experience working for a global industry leader!
• Currently enrolled in an accredited University Degree Program
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical or other related studies
• 3.0 overall GPA or higher • Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity • Ability to speak, read and write in English
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.
Join the New Braunfels, TX team for the exciting journey of a new facility start-up (Greenfield). The $110 million facility will manufacture Advanced Driver Assistance Systems for automated and assisted driving.
Manufacturing Engineer -- Factory Automation/Control and Drives