Algorithm Calibration Engineer
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated person to join the Algorithm Development and Application team in Querétaro, to help us maximize the protection for vehicle occupants, pedestrians and all other road users.
For our Calibration Engineer position, we offer a detailed training to be the foundation for a career in the area of algorithm development and application for airbag safety systems. Based on this training, you will be able to perform calibrations for various vehicle platforms, maintain a close collaboration with the car manufacturers in order to gather requirements and provide solutions, and contribute to the development of the next generation algorithms for airbags systems.
- Support the signal processing of crash data collected in laboratory tests and used in algorithm simulations.
- Calibration of crash detection algorithms according to customer requirements.
- Algorithm simulation and report generation.
- Participate in the presentation of calibration results directly to car manufacturers.
- Assist the algorithm calibration release according to defined procedures.
- Collaborate with the project and customer team with expertise in the area of safety algorithms.
- BS degree in Electronics, Mechatronics, Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics (Fresh Graduate).
- Fluent English skills.
- Basic understanding of physics involved in a crash (kinematics and dynamics).
- Basic signal processing knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of embedded systems.
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- C/C++, Python or MATLAB programming skills desirable.
- Experience using acceleration and inertial sensors desirable.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services