Territory Sales Manager - Richmond, VA
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Fairlawn, OH location is seeking a Territory Sales Manager to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
- Participate in and support all defined sales and marketing programs in the above-mentioned territory.
- Maintain and increase sales via distributors and end users for all industrial rubber products.
- Achieve and maintain best in class service performance by coordinating with commercial, engineering, and manufacturing teams at ContiTech and at customers.
- Win and launch a new business on existing and new platforms by coordinating with commercial, engineering, and manufacturing teams at ContiTech and at customers.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current industry standards and performance needs.
- Maintain familiarity of the market landscape including market share, competitive offerings, and emerging trends.
- Attend tradeshows to help identify new market opportunities.
- Gather market and competitive intelligence data for the territory and provide feedback to each business unit.
- Employ use of Salesforce.com, Sales Funnels, SAP, and any further tools shared and developed to help drive revenue / achieve AOP.
- Regular travel within territory is required to visit customers and/or distributors to increase the share of the market and/or increase revenue. Travel 90%, with 5-6 overnight stays per month.
- Perform light duties and other related duties as required and assigned.
- Position will be a remote location around the Richmond, Virginia area.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field or minimum 2 years of sales experience or more if no relevant bachelor’s degree
- Entry level to 1 year sales experience of Industrial distributors
- Competent in computer programs including Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to use/learn CRM systems – Salesforce
- Open to overnight travel
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Prior experience selling primarily to industrial distributors and through distribution preferred.
- May require some work in the evenings and weekends
- Minimum 2 years sales experience selling primarily to industrial distributors
- Thorough attention to detail; able to prioritize, re-prioritize, and multitask; meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization and can work effectively with all levels of associates.
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate
- Strong negotiations skills
- This position requires strong self-management skills along with a high degree of energy
- Must demonstrate initiative and integrity
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.