IT Specialist (Team Lead)
Responsible for planning, support, coordination and leading computer related activities of CSF organization.
S1: Business consulting and projects:
- Consult and coordinate project activities, which Local IT provides to local Business, on request or proactively.
- Continuously enable business to optimize the business processes.
S2: Business Application consulting and support:
- Support applications in all local business processes from the IT side on business request.
- Infrastructure provisioning to support Business Managed Application (non-standard application)
- Consult local business in creating value by using business applications
S4: User and Workplace Consulting and Support
- Active Directory management of PC objects
- Telephone / Voice management
- Provide 2nd level user support in resolving IT related issues
S5: Information Security
- Conduct or support risk management activities (i.e. risk assessments, business impact analysis)
- Monitor the development and maintenance of local IT emergency- and contingency plans.
- Advise in all local aspects of identity- and authorization management.
- Execute regular ISMS (=Information Security Management System) assessments, drive the mediation of findings gathered during own and other InfoSec assessments.
- Prepare / manage / represent location for all InfoSec aspects of customer and internal audits
S6: Network Consulting and operation
- Lifecycle Management Active network components
- System Management of standard Active network components
- IP network address management
- Advanced LAN monitoring
- Support Local Internet breakout
- Coordinate local Maintenances (e.g. DC Shutdown / Power / LAN) according to central Change management Guidelines.
S7: Server & Storage and Database Operations
- Lifecycle Management of all service related hardware and software
- System Management of all service related hardware and software
- Control of all business critical systems inside the data center
- Management of folder and file permissions
- Backup and Restore Operations and Administration
- Managing disaster recovery process
S8: Data Center Facility & Operations
- Lifecycle Management of active and passive data center components
- System Management of active and passive data center components
- Monitoring of data center, fire protection, UPS, etc.
Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor or manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering / License ECE
- At least 3 years of IT experience as System Administrator focus on server, database, network and telephone administration.
- At least 5 successful project improving system performance and availability is an advantage.
- Can interact effectively and collaborate with international audience with intercultural differences.
- Good English communication ( verbal & written)
- Customer service skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Presentation skills
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Shared Services consists of approximately 200 employees across all functions (30 cost centers with a 7M Euro Annual Budget)
▪ Automotive IT: Business Applications (SAP), Manufacturing Applications (MES Camline & Industry 4.0 initiatives), Engineering Applications, Infrastructure (i.e. Clients, Datacenter), Information Security
▪ Corporate Infrastructure including APAC ServiceDesk (follow-the-sun)
▪ Corporate Functions: Purchasing, Quality, HR, Finance, Business Analytics
▪ Finance Service Center Phils.
▪ Continental Business Consulting
▪ Financial Standards & Systems
▪ Regional SMY Operations