Intern - Strategic Pricing & Market Intelligence, Year-Round
The Strategic Pricing & Market Intelligence Intern responsibilities:
- Mine and analyze data from external or company databases to drive optimization and improvement of our market intelligence program, marketing techniques, and business strategies
- Supports internal Marketing initiatives / projects in line with business priorities:
- Develop competitor price/market position info and provide strategic insights for management
- Collaboration with team members to create new deliverables to internal and external stakeholders
- Product: developing knowledge regarding market gaps, pricing, where we can improve, where we are strong, etc.
- Learning Power BI (PBI) and further development on a host of already existing reports; visualize data in a compelling manner
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions with analytics
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative techniques to provide actionable insights and generate recommendations for management
- Support the data exchange program with the Unites States Tire Manufacturing Association (USTMA) and Tire Rubber Association of Canada (TRAC)
- Develop solutions and improve processes for USTMA/TRAC reporting
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Competitive pay
- Hands on experience with the team
- Project experience
- Company lunch and learns
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Must be enrolled in a US accredited degree program pursuing a degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- Must have and maintain a minimum GPA of a 2.8 or higher
- Ability to work a minimum of 20 hours per week, Monday - Friday
- Willing to commute weekly to work at our Fort Mill, SC Tire HQs
- Analytical skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Legal Authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now or in the future for this job opening
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
- Currently enrolled in a Graduate Program for Business, Marketing, or related field
- Power BI experience or other dashboarding knowledge
- Able to work 30 - 40 hours per week
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.
Continental Tire has been around for 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. The America’s headquarters located in Fort Mill, South Carolina is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Strategic Pricing and Market Intelligence Intern to join our team! The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?