Diagnostic Software Application Engineer for SMY (TM)
We develop and yields products that make commercial and special vehicles safer, cleaner, and more fuel-efficient. Thus, Commercial Vehicle and Aftermarket has been able to establish itself as a market and technology leader. From trucks to busses, cranes, on-site and agricultural vehicles, the business unit provides control systems for drive and onboard electronics, tachographs and instrument clusters.
The Diagnostic Application team, provide and develop diagnostic solutions for use in independent aftermarket workshops.
The development and maintenance of diagnostic applications within a structured run-time framework including:
- Fault Code Read / Clear;
- Live Data Display;
- Actuator Tests;
- Guided Routines;
- ECU Configuration;
- ECU Reprogramming;
- Diagnostic Application Validation & Verification;
- The timely resolution of issues found during validation and verification.
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes, and organization.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2-3 years software development experience using:
- Visual C++;
- Visual Studio .Net (C#);
- Knowledge of automotive electrical systems, networks and architectures;
- Ability to read and understand engineering circuit and wire harness drawings;
- Strong analysis skills, good attention to detail;
- Ability to read and interpret technical standards;
- Able to organise and prioritise tasks to meet customer and internal requirements;
- Experience of automotive diagnostic system development and automotive diagnostics protocols such as ISO14229, ISO15765, KW2000, KW71 & ISO9141 is highly desirable.
What we offer:
Pay for Performance:
- Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
- Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
- Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
- Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
- In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
- Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
- Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
- Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
- Access to e-learning platforms;
- Career development opportunities (local and international);
- Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.