Facilities Maintenance Mechanic
Seeking a highly skilled person that will be responsible for minor and major repairs, preventative maintenance, working with chemicals, water systems, fixed and portable fire extinguishing systems, boilers, cooling towers, chillers, air compressors, air dryers and pumps. Working well with other trades and people and assisting the Facilities Manager with outside contractors. During shutdowns will be responsible for dismantling and reassembling assigned equipment for repairs, cleaning and preventive maintenance.
This position will be a Monday thru Friday position from 7 AM until 3 PM.
- Chemically test and treat cooling towers and chillers and monitor effectiveness of treatment program.
- Inspect fire valves and fixed dry chemical systems per NFPA standards
- Test run fire pumps and jockey pumps per NFPA standards
- Place fire systems in test mode, contact ADT security system, operate control panel to complete testing and repairs
- Complete internal and external preventative maintenance on all boilers for annual state certification inspections
- Operate, troubleshoot, repair and complete preventative maintenance for air compressors, air dryers, boilers, cooling towers, pumps, valves, piping systems to include steam, condensate, compressed air, city water and sewer
- Properly use and understand hand-held and power tools
- Be able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Satisfactorily pass electrical training class by O’Sullivan Electrical Department
- Follow all safety, environmental and quality policies all the time
- Able to use cutting torches, welders, grinders pipe threading and roll grooving machines
- Complete pipe repairs of like for like and install pipe up to 6” diameter
- Be able to climb ladders and the ability to stand for long periods of time
- Be able to reach, bend, push, and/or pull and be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Read and understand technical manuals and mechanical schematics
- Work very well with outside contractors and vendors
- The position requires use of PPE which includes safety shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection; the use of a respirator may be required for specific job departments; and various other PPE that would be needed for specific job duties to be performed
- Must be able to work proficiently in a manufacturing industrial environment including ability to learn how to operate a forklift and operate other lifting/platform equipment as needed for the job
- Minimum one year experience working in an industrial maintenance group completing mechanical work
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated
- Must be able to successfully complete all company training
- Shift Schedule is from 7 AM until 3 PM on a Monday thru Friday Schedule and is dependent on the departments needs and production demands of the plant
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends, and holidays and support plant shutdowns as needed
- Must have and maintain a good attendance record
- Must be able to work in the US without visa or other sponsorship
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• On-site Gym
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world's leading suppliers of technicial elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Winchester, Virginia location is seeking Maintenance Technicians to join our team. The ideal candidates will be involved in all aspects of plant maintenance and mechanical equipment reliability.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?