Project Manager for eHorizon projects - SMY (TM)
Do you want to be a Project Manager? These should spark your interest :
An ever-increasing range of leading-edge technologies emerging into the automotive truck market makes this one of the most exciting and dynamic manufacturing sectors in the world.
The amount of electronics designed into the modern trucks has grown tremendously over the years; currently around 90% of innovation in new trucks is electronic based.
The vehicles equipped with our innovative eHorizon system will have the ability to 'preview' the road ahead and improve the vehicle response to a terrain’s changing slope, road curvature, speed limits, road class, traffic signs, etc. in terms of fuel efficiency and increase in safety and comfort.
As a Project Manager for eHorizon projects, your main responsibilities will be:
- Definition of project objectives (financial, scheduling and quality goals);
- Establishing adequate project organization (meeting structure, information/ knowledge exchange, documentation, archiving);
- Setup an initial project plan in accordance with the valid processes (phases, deliverables, milestones/ Q-Gates, etc.);
- Ensuring compliance to valid processes incl. legal requirements;
- Tracking the project progress, define corrective measures if deviating from the plan;
- Controlling the usage of the released project budget and project resources per approved project plan;
- Deciding and reporting the overall project status in accordance with the financial and quality KPIs supported by a valid tool and process set;
- Installing and performing professional change management;
- Performing opportunity & risk assessment, controlling and steering the implementation of opportunity & risk measures;
- Escalating issues if necessary;
- Representation of project in customer (internal/external) meetings and representation of project-interests in supplier meetings;
This is what it takes to be a successful in Project Manager:
- Academic degree in engineering, economics or similar qualification;
- Several years of professional experience in the automotive or consumer electronics industry in a variety of different functions;
- Several years of professional experience as project lead, leadership experience in the area of project management or as sub-project manager (e.g. technical project lead) of a project of appropriate size;
- Sufficient experience in the areas of product development and operations would be beneficial;
- Experience in the role as project lead / functional lead for a team of employees of different functional areas over a period of several years
- Collaboration with international teams;
- Excellent customer - facing and internal communication skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; German language would be a plus;
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi¬tasking skills;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
What we offer:
Pay for Performance:
- Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
- Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
- Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
- Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
- In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
- Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
- Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
- Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
- Access to e-learning platforms;
- Career development opportunities (local and international);
- Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
Project Manager Officer - FF Display Solutions - Manufacturing TSR
Software Project Manager for SAM Safety Control Units (TM)
Global Operations Strategy and Performance Project Leader_Sibiu_VED