Quality Manager in Project (QMP) for SMY (TM)
The main goal of the Project Quality Team is to ensure that the engineering organization develops our new automotive products according to the defined rules and guidelines. Even if we aren’t designing or developing ourselves the product, we are very proud of our contribution to the project success. We also believe a career in quality can be very interesting and rewarding.
This job might be for you if:
- You are an organized and attentive person;
- You like doing things right from the start;
- You typically make good plans and apply them consistently;
- You are analytical, curios about statistics and metrics;
- You want to develop as a speaker/trainer/coach;
You are curios to interact with multiple R&D departments and Customers ( eg. PM, Testing, Production).
So have a look below at what your typical working day as a Quality Manager in Project (QMP) might include:
- You are nominated as QMP responsible for one or several Continental Smart Mobility engineering projects;
- You interact with the project team to make sure everyone is working according to an agreed plan;
- You create and maintain the Quality Assurance Strategy for the allocated projects;
- You make sure project documents are reviewed by the right people and in time in order to increase quality of the outputs;
- You moderate Gate Review Milestones for allocated projects in order to check the project maturity and the risks of moving forward;
- You collect and analyze specific key performance indicators that reveal what could be improved;
- You report the quality status to the involved parties: project team and their managers;
- You perform, prepare and participate to internal or customer audits;
- You are Continental's representative in front of the Customer for quality related topics (PPAP, APQP, audits);
- You may perform training on various process topics, coach project teams or moderate workshops.
When you join, you will become part of a local quality group with more than 20 people. We will teach you the basics of Project Quality Management and share with you details about the multiple career paths that you can choose from (e.g auditor, project quality specialist or quality leader).
A mentor will support you to gradually take over responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
Curios about some of the products our team is working on? Have a look here: https://www.continental-automotive.com/en-gl/Trucks-Buses/Trucks-Buses-Home
This is what it takes to be a successful Quality Engineer:
- University Degree (Computer Science, Electronics, Informatics or others);
- Experience in a Quality position of 2-3 years;
- Basic electronics knowledge;
- MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Fluent English;
- German language knowledge is considered an advantage;
- Previous knowledge in R&D is considered an advantage.
What we offer:
Pay for Performance:
- Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
- Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
- Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
- Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
- In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
- Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
- Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
- Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
- Access to e-learning platforms;
- Career development opportunities (local and international);
- Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
Technical Compliance (tC) Regulations & Standards Specialist (TM)