Embedded Software Engineer Intern
In the Budapest Artificial Intelligence Development Centre of Continental, Autonomous Mobility, we create next generation automotive software solutions which make automated driving safe and affordable. We work towards Vision Zero, a goal to eliminate fatal accidents happening every day on the world’s roads. We are looking for creative minds who are passionate to shape the future of automated driving by delivering world-class perception and fusion systems.
Our teams develop software solutions for automated parking and safety systems, processing various automotive sensor data and providing a robust, scalable output to driving function modules.
As part of automated parking systems, the software component developed by our team is responsible for modelling the surroundings of the vehicle based on ultrasonic sensors, cameras and radars. We shall reliably identify all objects which need to be considered when planning safe parking maneuvers.
Beside our internal CarPC Development Framework, the software component shall be integrated to embedded system as well, therefore, you will contribute to:
- Build and deployment of sensor fusion algorithms into embedded environments
- Implementation of a scalable, maintainable, cross-platform capable embedded software solution
- Optimization of sensor fusion algorithms for the hardware platform
- Software documentation and verification by means of black-box and white-box testing
- Collaboration with our international agile teams
- Ongoing studies at a Hungarian university for 6 months at least in a technical area: Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical Engineering or related area
- Good programming skills in C++
- Good analytic skills
- Good command of English language
- Able to work at least 20 hours/week - between 9am and 5pm
Nice to have
- Knowledge of embedded systems and related testing
- Experience in CI/CD configuration (Jenkins)
- Knowledge in Computer Vision, Image Processing or Machine Learning
- Work independently, accomplish the tasks accurately and precisely
- Have team player attitude and good communication skills
- Be able to collaborate and work in an agile team environment
- Participation in exciting, highly innovative projects
- Ability to directly deliver software into real products that will save lives on the roads of the world
- Access to cutting-edge technologies and to one of Europe’s largest in-house GPU clusters
- A friendly, respectful and collaborative work environment that encourages creativity and innovation
- Continuous development with access to numerous trainings, including technical skills, soft skills and language skills
- Flexible work-from-home arrangements
- Easily accessible, modern office located in downtown Budapest (near Kálvin square)
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services