Senior Electrical Simulation & Verification Engineer for AN
Are you passionate about electronics and want to play a part in designing the car of the future? Our growing team is working on electrical solutions for new server-based vehicle architectures.
We are looking for an Senior Electrical Simulation & Verification Engineer to help us design state-of-the art hardware for our connected vehicle products.
Do you want to be an Senior Electrical Simulation & Verification Engineer? Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Perform system-level/ board-level simulations with respect to SI/PI/EMC. Assess the design performance and evaluate possible improvements;
- Extract signal path interconnect and PDN models based on simulation and measurement;
- Perform time and frequency domain simulations;
- Collaborate with board design team and PCB vendors to document design rules, propose and optimize PCB layer stack-up definition;
- Conduct validation of high-speed interfaces and PDNs using VNA, TDR and oscilloscopes and assess correlation with simulation;
- Support project design team to review the schematic and PCB layout, stack-up, pin/ball assignment, simulation, and measurement results;
- Work with multi-functional team to solve SI/PI issues that affect product functionality and/or EMC behavior;
- Continuously aim to improve simulation/measurement accuracy and efficiency;
- Scripting for automation of simulation and measurement activities.
This is what it takes to be a successful Senior Electrical Simulation & Verification Engineer:
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering with 3+ years of experience in relevant work areas;
- Analog / digital electronics design (theoretical, practical, project experience);
- Experience working with the actual product board design and analysis, Signal & Power Integrity methodology and lab correlation/validation of the simulation results;
- Strong understanding of electromagnetic & transmission line theory;
- Strong fundamentals in 3D/2D EM simulation tools, such as: HFSS, SiWave, CST, ADS;
- Good knowledge of high-speed interface such as Ethernet, PCIe, DDR, MIPI, DisplayPort, HDMI, USB and SerDes applications;
- Experience in working with PDN model simulation, and analysis;
- Familiarity with lab equipment, such as: VNA, TDR, real-time scope, spectrum analyzer, etc.;
- Familiarity with scripting/programming languages such as: Matlab, Python, Octave;
- Excellent documentation skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Fluent in English, verbal and written.
- What we offer:
Pay for Performance:
- Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
- Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
- Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals;
- Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping, …. )
- In-house restaurant & coffee corners;
- Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
- Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
- Free Language Courses (English, Deutsch, French etc);
- Access to e-learning platforms;
- Career development opportunities (local and international);
- Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc);
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.