Software Development Engineer VED
Be part of the Vehicle Dynamics (VED) Software group at Continental Queretaro as a SW developer and participate to the creation of our MK1xx and MKCx products: the Brake systems used in conventional, electric and autonomous cars of today and tomorrow.
Our ECU is the main Chassis controller and provides functions to control the vehicle dynamics as the car trajectory (ABS, ACC, AYC, HSA, IPB, TCS...) for global car manufacturers in America (USA, Mexico, Brazil).
In VED Software, you will have the opportunity to practice the benchmark tools of our Safety and Motion Business Area and the state-of-the-art methods for Software development environment using AUTOSAR, GIT, Matlab Simulink, Vector tools...
You will be joining an international team and be guided by experienced engineers into the different phases of SW creation: Design, Implementation, Testing in SIL and HIL environment.
Your main tasks:
• Development and analysis of software for safety-relevant braking systems from concept to production maturity.
• Contribution to system definition and deriving the resulting software requirements with regard to signal conditioning, fault monitoring and control of our products.
• Collect the requirements addressed at Customer level to Software engineering level and analyze them considering the Software architecture and Software development standards.
• Prepare the Software detailed design specification to meet the functional and non-functional requirements.
• Design the test procedure and the code logic to ensure that the design specification is fulfilled along with the Software integration tests related to the concerned Software component.
• Develop Software components and Software components tests for debugging and release testing.
• Ensure that tests are passing in the Software Factory and that the Software component can be released.
• Document all work results according to the process in place (derived from Automotive SPICE).
• Solve and coordinate implementation of complex workpackages that involve multiple engineers or mid-sized projects in different locations.
• Develop and improve on existing testing methods, tools and procedures.
• Completed studies in the field of electrical engineering, computer science or comparable areas
• First work experience desirable
• Knowledge of current Software development standards in Automotive industry: ASPICE, AutoSAR
• Sound knowledge of the C programming language
• Sound knowledge of embedded software
• Very good English skills, both written and spoken
• Good comprehension and analytical way of thinking
• Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and work in a world-wide team
• experience in software development for Automotive/CAN
• EBS, Brake System Technology, Automotive Industry
• Autosar, Automotive Spice concepts, ISO 26262
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services