Principal Engineer Simulation (m/f/d) REF9438C
Simulation is a crucial enabler for the development and validation of autonomous mobility systems.
As Principal Engineer Simulation (m/f/diverse), you are the chief architect of the agile release train developing our SIMone simulation ecosystem. You are the technical lead for the development of our simulation frameworks, which are used by thousands of users. Together with the product manager, you define the innovation roadmap and lead the development of new features by steering and coordinating the contributions of several worldwide internal teams and external partners.
Your main task will be:
- Drive the evolution of our ADAS simulation frameworks
- Technical lead for the definition and implementation of ADAS simulation frameworks and technologies
- Technical coordination of contributions from internal simulation experts and external partners, designing and implementing current and future ADAS simulation frameworks
In this position you bring in your deep knowledge and experience in the field of autonomous mobility simulation and virtualization concepts as well as your ability to steer efficient collaboration of multiple internal and external contributors. You are well-informed about the current market trends in the area of autonomous mobility simulation, and your knowledge about autonomous mobility function development allows you to look at simulation frameworks and their features also from a user perspective.
- University Degree in engineering, computer science, physics or comparable
- Deep knowledge and experience in the field of ADAS open-loop and closed-loop software simulation concepts and their implementation
- Experience in the field of algorithm simulations, using big data
- Experience in AWS and cloud computing are beneficial
- Dedicated experience with middleware used in simulation systems like eCAL and ROS2
- Experience in software development, particularly in C, C++ and object-oriented programming
- General SW engineering experience (GIT, Jenkins, CI, etc.)
- Fluent German and English language skills, written and spoken
- Very good communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- High level of commitment and motivation
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
What we offer:
- Our products save lives. We offer you an interesting and varied job as part of a motivated team at one of the largest suppliers to the automotive industry
- An attractive compensation package that comes along with unique flexible working conditions like hybrid work, flexible working time, sabbaticals that help you to balance work, family and spare time
- Exciting, varied projects in our high-tech customer environment
- Numerous career opportunities and the rapid assumption of responsibility, in line with our four corporate values passion to win, trust, freedom and for one another
- A large selection of internal and external training measures, supported by our group-wide learning platform and regular feedback meetings as part of our talent management
- A comprehensive range of additional benefits, such as various sports and wellness offers, JobRad and sick pay supplement
- Child care services, subsidies for child-sick days and much more
- Attractive regions to live and work directly on Lake Constance, in the country or in the cosmopolitan city with a heart
- You would like to learn more about our additional services? Click here
Shape the future of autonomous mobility with us!
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for the sustainable and networked mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. Continental achieved sales of approximately €44.5 billion in 2019 and currently employs about 241,000 people in 59 countries and markets.