Our Software group in Santa Barbara, through close collaboration with global software development and test teams, is working on all architecture design, development, integration & testing activities for Continental’s new generation of LIDAR sensors for applications in autonomous driving vehicles and other industries. The Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for developing and testing the platform and framework software to acquire raw data from the Lidar sensor and process, package, and send the data to the rest of the software and algorithm components.
• Work in continuous collaboration and synchronization with other global team members to specify, develop, test and deploy features according to stakeholder requirements
• Conducting research, design, prototyping, and other exploration activities for continuously improving our processes and technologies
• Participate in code and design reviews and be able to understand, debug and improve code written by other team members
• Understand the deployment of the system into the target hardware based on SW and HW architecture
• Be able to analyze and debug software on target hardware using the debugger, oscilloscope, and logic analyzer
• Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability, and scalability of system resources (memory, runtime)
• Create tests for the product aspect under development, acceptance tests, and integration tests to the highest possible degree of automation
• Actively strive for continuous improvements of the team’s setup, tooling, automation, and methods
• Mentoring new hires and sharing knowledge with other team members
• Collaborate with SW architects and other stakeholders in creating and maintaining the formal Technical Specification of components, design, and architecture
• Respect and apply established internal and industry standards and best practices (e.g. MISRA, Functional Safety, Security, Privacy) and actively work to improve them
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Be part of a passionate team
- Contribute in shaping the future of mobility
- Best in class work place with hybrid work options
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor's Degree in a related engineering fields such as Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering , Computer Science or similar discipline
• Minimum 2 years of experience in embedded SW development and debugging using C/C++
• Experience with Automotive systems or Near Real Time operating environments, OSEK, AUTOSAR RTOS, Safety OS, Single or Multicore, etc.
• Good understanding of operating system concepts such as Scheduling, Interrupts, Memory and Process management
• Experience with debugging embedded software and root cause analysis techniques for complex systems
• Experience with common Change Control and Configuration Management systems (Git/GitHub, JIRA, etc.), Requirement Management tools (IBM Doors etc.,) and Architecture Development (UML, Rhapsody)
• Applicant must also possess strong communication, team, and presentation skills and be willing to work in a distributed global team environment
• Willingness for occasional domestic or international travel to support knowledge transfer and global coordination of activities
• Fluent in English
Estimated Compensation 104,640 - 167,130 USD
• Master’s degree in a related engineering fields such as Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering , Computer Science or similar discipline
• 3 years of experience developing SW according to standards and processes such as Automotive SPICE (ASPICE), ISO26262 and Agile methods such as SCRUM or SAFe
• 3 years of experience developing SW based on Automotive SW Architecture (classic/adaptive AUTOSAR, Linux, QNX)
• 2 years of experience working in international, multi-cultural and large scale distributed project setup
• 2 years of experience with Automotive communication technologies and protocols such as CAN/Ethernet and diagnostic protocols such as UDS
• Experience with ARM Cortex-A, ARM Cortex-R and DSP processor families and architecture and SystemOnChips (SoC)
• Experience with Automotive testing and debugging tools such as Vector CANoe, CANape, CANalyzer, Lauterbach, Oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Santa Barbra, CA location is seeking a highly motivated and technically skilled Embedded Software Engineer to join our ADAS team. The ideal candidate has experience with automotive systems and embedded software development.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?