BestDrive Service Tech
The Tire Service Technician position is essential to our business. This person must be able to properly dismount, mount, balance, and repair Commercial Vehicle and Medium Truck tires. Employees will be responsible for all aspects of tire and related service and repair for off-the-road equipment (construction, earthmoving, mining, farm etc.) as well as other duties as assigned by the manager.
• Mount/Dismount/Install tires & tire/wheel assemblies
• Load/Unload tires on and off trucks
• Repair Tires
• Follow established procedures to inspect tires and wheels before and after service.
• Determine repairable tire conditions and make such repairs.
• Review work orders and discuss work with supervisors.
• Document work performed accurately and according to company policy.
• Operate heavy-duty tire service equipment and tools including boom cranes, cribbing, jacks, compressors, and electric and hydraulic equipment.
• Unbolt and re-bolt wheels from/to equipment, using lug wrenches and other hand and power tools.
• Mount and dismount any type of off-the-road tire including but not limited to multi-piece rims.
• Perform emergency road service calls on nights and/or weekends on a rotating basis.
• Proper maintenance of assigned service vehicle including an appearance as well as onboard service equipment and tools.
• Comply with OSHA regulations and safety requirements pertaining to this position.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Valid Driver’s License,
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, customer service-oriented environment.
- Ability to work on a team and independently
- Ability to communicate, verbally and written, clearly and professionally with co-workers and management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of tire service technician experience
- CDL License a plus
- TIA certification
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.