Project Team Leader
Our Auburn Hills, MI location is seeking Project Team Leader to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
The Project Team Leader has the responsibility to manage a staff of Engineers that are allocated to Nissan in North America. In alignment with various Nissan R&D project teams, he/she manages all aspects of their work assignments in supporting the various projects for which Continental is sourced at Nissan. He/she has the ultimate responsibility to ensure Nissan Resident Engineering support for Continental products during the launch and production phases of our various projects. He/she also has responsibility to manage work assignments across Nissan projects to ensure the success of each project. He/she is also a key contact point for customer relationships at the engineering team level.
Management of Resident Engineering resources:
- Participate in sourcing reviews to understand and negotiate the amount of Resident support required for the requirements of the project.
- Set goals, expectations, alignment, and conduct performance reviews with Resident Engineers. Provide active support for their individual development and career growth.
- Align project timelines with Project Managers and plan headcount strategy by moving residents on/off projects effectively.
- Create/process EPR's for all new Resident headcount.
Resolution of issues with customer:
- Ensure residents have the appropriate understanding & training for their respective responsibilities. Work with Customer Center Head to enable training where necessary.
- Participate in customer escalation meetings and mediate productive resolution of issues.
- Support residents to find/meet Nissan or Continental technical experts for each area of their program, or as unique issues arise.
Building customer relationships:
- Build and maintain relationships with Nissan relevant stakeholders to ensure they are satisfied with the level of support the Continental (residents) provide.
- Work with Nissan teams to provide feedback to Continental Project Teams regarding focus/level of resident support, based on project complexity.
- Provide feedback from Nissan to Continental Project Teams regarding issues and opportunities cascading up from Resident Engineering team.
Support of Continental project teams:
- Ensure residents understand and effectively balance their Nissan responsibilities and their Continental responsibilities. Support residents, where necessary, to resolve priorities.
- Ensure residents are properly trained in their respective expertise/disciplines. Work with Customer Center Head to enable training where necessary.
- Where possible, provide additional support to cross discipline teams for critical issues.
Project management: Document control (Drawing, Spec, ANPQP etc), ANPQP management, Customer I/F between NTCNA and PM/ R&D, Prototype sample management, Sample order and delivery to NTCNA/ NNA Plant, Organize Re-flashing for BCM/ HFM/ Key fob before delivery, Organize Re-flashing at the customer plant, Prepare and maintain the tool for re-flashing.
Quality: Support the analysis at the customer plant for 0km or field return parts, Manage the Scramble activity with the customer when requested, Communication support.
R&D support: Join the vehicle test at NTCNA: Join the vehicle test at Smyrna/ Canton plant, Report the result to TLS R&D,
Change management: Evaluate the effort and agree with the customer, Plan the resource, Update the schedule.
Delivery support / Shortage management: Participate in shortage meeting with NNA / NMEX, Gathering information from plant / customer, Tamaguri preparation, Input latest customer volume forecast into SP file, Participate VRM meeting and share the forecast for NNA/NMEX. Service part management, Delivery follow up.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business or equivalent
- 5+ years of overall professional experience required
- Project Management Experience (Leading projects, managing suppliers, and customer interface)
- Supervisory experience
- Automotive Electronics knowledge and experience (3 years)
- Business knowledge (Finance)
- Experience working with Japanese OEMs
- Ability to speak Japanese
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
Continental will offer visa support for individuals who hold an existing valid employment visa.
Continental will offer visa support for internal Continental employees.
Continental will not offer relocation assistance for this opportunity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services