IT Solution Architect - Engineering Applications (m/f/diverse)
We are looking for you to support our area Automotive Operations at the location Eschborn or Regensburg.
The position holder (m/f/diverse) assumes responsibility to define and create a “big picture” of a consistent and robust “to-be” Enterprise Architecture (functional architecture, application and data architecture cross-discipline) aligned with the business development strategies and process framework. This covers the functional areas of System, Software, Electronics, Mechanics, Project and Process Management. The major activities focus on Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM).
The IT Solution Architect (m/f/diverse) needs to understand the engineering business processes and needs to interact in a complex worldwide organizational environment with the different disciplines in IT, Quality and Business Units.
Your tasks will focus on the following activities:
- Providing a high-level data architecture view across applications, projects, technologies, strategies and demands provided by engineering applications for the engineering community of the business units (this includes worldwide consulting in the field of expertise)
- Translating business needs into data and system requirements
- Defining the data strategy by translating business requirements into technical requirements, which become the basis for internal data standards and policies
- Defining the data architecture, including standards for data models, metadata, security, reference data
- Defining a structure that decision makers can use to create, improve, and optimize data systems
- Defining data flows that govern which data is consumed respectively provided by the different parts of the organization
- Defining the required architecture technologies to deliver cost-effective results
- Preparing architecture decision for IT and Business by planning high level “strategic changes” of the enterprise architecture and providing a concept to move from an “As Is” to a “To Be” architecture
- Establishing architecture thinking and data centric mind set in the organization by implementing state of the art methodologies used in the industry (e.g. TOGAF and Archimate)
- Academic degree in the field of engineering, computer science or equivalent qualifications
- Several years of professional experience in the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and/or Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) environment
- Experience in the field of architecture development of complex systems
- Experience in TOGAF Architecture Development Method
- Experience with Big Data/Hadoop/NoSQL, Visualization and reporting tools, data profiling analysis and transformation & experience of Cloud Data technologies, solutions and future Cloud Data Strategies considered as a plus
- Experience in architecture languages and methods (SysML, UML, SOA, Archimate) as well as experience in dealing with architecture case tools (Rhapsody, SPARX EA, PlanningIT)
- Sound understanding of how to derive a data model from the different architecture layers
- Knowledge in tool suites like ALM (e.g. IBM Jazz) or PLM (e.g. PTC Windchill) considered as a plus
- Fluent English language skills (written and spoken)
- Entrepreneurial behavior in a complex and international environment as well as excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Willingness to travel
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
We want our employees to do well with us. That's why we offer them not only an exciting job in an international technology group, but also numerous additional offers such as flexible and hybrid working, sabbaticals and other benefits.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.