Head of CBS
- Manage and coordinate all CBS activities for the plant
- Translate plant CBS strategy into action plans and ensure implementation (shared with Plant Manager)
- Contribute to strategic and operative planning of the plant/operations unit (e.g. with respect to investments, capacity and headcount planning)
- Ensure the achievement of CBS targets according to internal and external customer expectations
- Live and promote the CBS principles and methods
- Initiate and control investments for CBS equipment (e.g. training materials, external trainings, etc.)
- Interface to segment, BU or division functions in order to gather local CBS requirements and demands and other feedback
- Participate in and/or steer global or local CBS related and cross-functional projects
- Ensure timely submission of financial data to controlling
- Implement and conduct activities according to the budget established
- Ensure that the financial goals are met
- Identify CBS opportunities and improvement potential, derive CBS roadmap together with plant/operations unit management
- Initiate CBS projects, Rapid Improvement Events (RIE) and Just Do It’s (JDI), structured problem solving, Gemba leadership and other CBS methods to leverage identified potentials
- Support and ensure the implementation of CBS projects and activities according to plant/operations unit roadmap reflecting current business situation
- Ensure the availability of qualified employees for the CBS function in cooperation with plant HR
- Initiate and control the continuous qualification of CBS employees in cooperation with plant HR
- Execute workshops and coaching of plant employees and management in order to introduce and develop CBS philosophy, principles and methods throughout the plant’s/operations unit’s processes (e.g. lean thinking, continuous improvement culture, lean leadership, etc.)
- Ensure CBS (KPI) monitoring and reporting (e.g. CBS projects, workshops, improvement measures and success, etc.) in cooperation with plant management and controlling
- Ensure local implementation of central and divisional CBS standards
- University degree, preferably in business administration, engineering or related discipline
- 5 or more years of professional experience in various CBS/lean functions
- Cross-functional experience e.g. in engineering, quality, purchasing or supply chain preferred
- Initial experience in rubber and plastic production processes
- 3 or more years in a leadership position, preferably in operational units with functional and disciplinary responsibility for other individuals
- Experience in working with international teams on production topics and understanding of foreign cultures
- Proficient in minimum 2 languages, English and local language is mandatory
We want our employees to do well with us. That's why we offer them not only an exciting job in an international technology group, but also numerous additional offers such as flexible and hybrid working, sabbaticals and other benefits.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.
The ContiTech group sector develops and manufactures, for example, cross-material, environmentally friendly and intelligent products and systems for the automotive industry, railway engineering, mining, agriculture and other key industries. Guided by the vision of “smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber,” the group sector draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services.