Head of Finance and IT
We are recruiting for a Head of Finance, Controlling and I.T to join our head office in the Birmingham area. The successful person will be responsible for the efficient Finance, Controlling and IT operations of the company and ensuring that all statutory and Continental policies and procedures are implemented and followed enabling the sound financial management and control of the company’s business. Furthermore, responsibility for planning and reporting, operational profitability and take an active part in managing the entire company together with the management team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supervising the Accounts Payable team to ensure timely processing of the invoices and expenses
- Supervising the Credit Control team to ensure timely money collection
- Supervising and coordinating general ledger work
- Ensuring that the mandatory reporting is executed timely (eg. VAT and Intrastat)
- Finance management of SMY in the UK.
- Controlling of Continental Automotive Trading
- Provide local and group management with financial KPI information and decision related data
- Responsibility for yearly budget and monthly forecast (e.g. P&L, Balance Sheet, Headcount)
- Coordination of the local IT and assure that worldwide IT projects are implemented
- Agree and manage the IT budget for the UK legal entity
- Develop business and contribute to sales growth strategy
- Customer Risk Management avoidance of bad debt and slow moving stock
- Responsible for the completion and sign off of the Continental Automotive Trading UK Ltd accounts.
- Ensures service level agreements are in place and are appropriate in order to host headcount of other non-UK business areas
- Relevant degree or financial accountant qualification, including cost accounting.
- Experience in the automotive market and product portfolio is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of transfer pricing regulations and intercompany cost allocation standards. Of advantage is the understanding of the Continental worldwide Organisation.
- Experience in managing a team and in being P&L responsible.
- Experience working with contacts focused on Europe and Asia.
- Good knowledge about Cultural differences and different business behaviour. Fluent English. Others languages like German is an advantage.
Why join Continental? Take a look at the list of benefits available to our employees..
What we offer:
- A competitive salary package with annual "Value Sharing Bonus" paid to all employees.
- A generous contributory pension scheme up to 12%.
- Healthcare cash back scheme.
- 33 Days holiday.
- Employee discounts on Continental Tyres and other products.
- Death in service insurance.
- Free on-site parking.
- Early Friday finish.
- Working hours = Days Monday to Friday
- On-going training and excellent personal development opportunities.
- Birthdays off .
- Discount on gym membership for you and our partner.
- Free Thrive app access.
- Workwear provided.
- Cycle to work Scheme.
- Purchase additional holiday up to 5 days.
- Team building days.
- Annual salary reviews for employees.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.