Product Owner for Embedded Linux Platforms in SMY (TM)
Commercial Vehicles and Services has been able to establish itself as a market and technology leader by developing products that make commercial and special vehicles safer, cleaner, fuel-efficient and more connected.
The eLinux group is looking for a proactive and eager Product Owner to support us in the creation of the latest generation of connectivity platforms.
You will have the opportunity to:
- develop your understanding of a wide variety of products (telematic & tolling units, high performance computing, predictive cruise control) and modern technologies (4G, 5G, Wireless LAN, Bluetooth, Ethernet)
- be a driver in all the major steps of the development of an embedded product: from initial planning to the finishing touches;
- work with a talented team of professionals towards delivering our products to our customers
- work in a transparent and engaging Scaled Agile framework
As a Product Owner your main responsibilities are:
- Creating and maintaining your product backlog
- Maintaining the interfaces with your stakeholders
- Prioritizing the product backlog according to the needs of your stakeholders
- Helping the development team understand what they need to do
- Managing feedback between the development team and external stakeholders
- Accepting or rejecting the work of the team
- Reporting the status of your team to the product manager
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of our processes
- are committed, passionate and proud of our results
- are constantly learning, always improving
- pay attention to details
- see that in every problem lies at least one solution
- enjoy the time spent together on and off the job
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
- University degree (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Electronics, Automatics)
- At least three years of experience in the SW development of electronic devices.
- Good knowledge of SW development process (Requirements Engineering, SW Design, SW Development, SW Testing, Configuration and Change Management).
- Basic knowledge of SW project management (Resource allocation, SW Project planning and tracking, Risk management).
- Experience in SW Project Management is a plus
- Customer orientation
- Ability to prioritize and manage pressure
- Good English language skills (reading, writing and speaking)
What we offer:
Pay for Performance:
- Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
- Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
- Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
- Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
- In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
- Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
- Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
- Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
- Access to e-learning platforms;
- Career development opportunities (local and international);
- Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.