IT Consultant - Smartfactory (m/f/diverse) - REF36364L
The position as IT Consultant - Smartfactory (m/f/diverse) contains the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Consult the business in Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES, e.g. SAP DMC) - and other Smartfactory solutions such as Manufacturing Service Bus (MSB), IoT Edge Technology, Maschine Data Acquisition and Recipe Management System
- Responsibility for the development, provision, implementation, and support of business solutions in the area of Manufacturing IT Applications (e.g. SAP ME/DMC, Manufacturing Service BUS, Mixing Solutions, IoT Edge)
- Support the digital transformation of the business with digitalization solutions
- IT ownership of related MES applications and responsibility to coordinate all infrastructure and other issue related activities
- Implement and refine IT best practices in the relevant areas: project management, portfolio management, service management
- Foster collaboration and cooperation with other teams and competence centers
- Support to evaluate and to select potential suppliers
- Support to steer and control external providers to ensure optimal world-wide service provisioning
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Industrial Engineering or related field or a comparable qualification
- Relevant IT working experience
- Ideally, a combination of IT know-how and knowledge of manufacturing industry and production-related processes
- Enthusiasm for Smartfactory and Industry 4.0
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) desirable - preferred SAP-DMC or SAP-ME
- Certification in SAP-ME/DMC desirable
- Business-fluent English language skills written and spoken
- Excellent communication skills and structured work style
- Embracing teamwork by supporting each other
- Openness to international business trips (10-20%)
Diversity creates value for a better tomorrow. We offer equal opportunities to everyone - regardless of age, gender, nationality, cultural background, disability, religion, ideology, or sexual orientation.
We want our employees to do well with us. That's why we offer them not only an exciting job in an international technology group, but also numerous additional offers such as flexible and hybrid working, sabbaticals and other benefits. Click here to find out more.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.
The ContiTech group sector develops and manufactures, for example, cross-material, environmentally friendly and intelligent products and systems for the automotive industry, railway engineering, mining, agriculture and other key industries. Guided by the vision of “smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber,” the group sector draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services.