Technical Field Representative - Digital Solutions Truck Tire
Continental Tire has been around for 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. The America’s headquarters located in Fort Mill, South Carolina is seeking a dependable with good communication skills person to join our US Digital Solutions, Truck Tire group in the Los Angeles, CA, Phoenix, AZ, Salt Lake City, UT or Las Vegas, NV greater areas.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Looking for a career at a leading global automotive company, recently certified as Great Place to Work and named the company one of the “18 Best Big Companies to Work For” by Forbes Magazine? In the Digital Solutions US Truck Tire division of Continental AG or simply “Conti”, we are growing and are in a need of a motivated, dependable with good communication skills and technical background person excited about working with businesses from an industry that moves over 80% of our nation’s freight. Our fleet customers range from small and local business owners to large organizations that own hundreds or thousands of 18-wheelers, trucks, trailers, buses etc. Commercial vehicles are our territory, and we’re on mission to make trucking safer, more efficient, and sustainable, where we can save money to fleets, prevent breakdowns, reduce fuel costs and impact the future of connected tires and vehicles by using tech and data with different types of Digital Tire Monitoring Solutions, aka “Digital Solutions”. Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we, and so here are a few other reasons why you should consider applying:
- Great Team – small business mentality and operations within a large organization that’s actively shaping the future of digital tire monitoring and subsequently the future of automotive and transportations industries
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Bonus and Paid Time Off
- Immediate Benefits, Tuition & Employee Discounts Programs
- Company Vehicle and newest Digital Solutions tech equipment
- Professional Growth and Career Opportunities at a leading global automotive company
As a Technical Field Representative, you will be responsible for Conti Truck Tires Digital Solutions in the field, specifically:
- Installing and maintaining Digital Solutions products with our customers, fleets and dealers
- Training customers on Digital Solutions products ranging from initial product configuration to onboarding and support during the use phase
- Supporting sales pitches through demonstration, demos and technical advice
- Providing technical assistance for Conti's Digital Solutions products with customers (Fleets and Dealers)
- Addressing technical questions and issues of our customers
- Conducting checks of customers stock of parts and selling additional parts in order to replenish minimum stock levels
- Conducting occasional customer tire checks with our digital tools in order to support Technical Customer Service field engineers and product management groups acquiring data from tires that are placed in customers vehicles
- Supporting Key Account and Area Sales Managers in introducing and keeping up-to-date with Digital Solutions products in the market
Who should apply?
- You share our values and our enthusiasm for small and large businesses that have trucks
- You embrace and have the soul of a road warrior – you will travel daily within your territory and spend 1-3 hotel nights per week
- You are motivated and dependable self-leader with good communication skills
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Company Vehicle
- Bachelor's degree OR high school diploma or equivalent and 2+ years of relevant field experience
- Ability to travel 60-75% of the time by car (company vehicle provided)
- Valid Driver's License
- Legal Authorization to work in the US. We are unable to sponsor individuals for employment visas now or in the future for this job opening
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of relevant field experience OR high school diploma or equivalent and 4+ years of relevant field experience
- Engineering background and technical sales experience for this position will be highly beneficial
- The salary range for this position is $53,595 - $74,570, plus cost of labor adjustment depending on the geographical location of the selected candidate
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility.