SQM category IAC/STC (Iron/Aluminum Casting and Surface Treatment) /SAM Manager
▪ In line with Continental Global Quality understanding "Quality First", strive and drive Zero Defect requirement to the supplier base
▪ Implement Zero Defect Culture within the SQM organisation
▪ Ensure Best in Class "consistent and sustainable" supplier quality performance to support perfect launches and no spills.
- Leader of SQM Category (CAT) IAC NA
- Implement zero defect culture in the organization
- Secure time to market and quality to market for component introduction
- Develop skills and competencies of the organization / supplier.
Supplier Advance Quality Planning-
- Ensure all components are introduced to project schedule and Product Life Cycle (PLC) requirements
- Close management with plants of red projects and manage actions and mitigate risks
- Ensure proper escalation when needed as support to the BA/G-CAT SQM
- Deploy lessons learned / read across through the Category.
Supplier Quality Management-
- Supplier quality assurance along the complete process chain
- Supplier release and technology release
- Drive and implement prefered supplier and component strategy
- Escalation Management
- Project Leader / Coach for Supplier Improvement Programs
Supplier Strategy and Category Management-
- Drive Regional Category quality strategy and improvement programs
- Implement Quality Category Requirements
- Conduct Supplier Quality Rating (BASE) for Category
- New supplier introduction
- Lessons learned & read across.
- Report of supplier quality about the Category
- Report according to SQM standard.
- Plan and drive process audits for Category
- Secure implementation and compliance to IATF and VDA standards
- Review Lessons learned & read across implementation at supplier.
Knowledge in Casting Process and Surface treatment is a basic competence
Education: Professional academic studies or comparable education. Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or similar Engineering.
Professional Experience: higher than 10 years of experience in different SQM / production / engineering functions.
Project and Process Experience: Experiences in continuous improvement, industrial engineering, production, escalation management.
Leadership: Experience in leading functional team and capability to work with different cultures.
- Quality Management (including Quality policies, systems and processes).
- SQM Processes and Product Life Cycle (PLC).
- Quality assurance know-how, product safety issues and risk management.
- Management skills, tools and techniques (Balanced Scorecard, Benchmarking, etc.).
- Human relations skills (team skills, conflict management, open-mindedness, networking).
- Communication skills, including Presentation and Negotiation techniques Problem solving and decision making tools and techniques.
- Project management skills, tools and techniques VDA 6.3 Auditor
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.