Optical Design Engineer for HUD Advance Development UX (TM)
- Optic Design and simulations for Head-Up Display;
- Optical layout of projection optics for a specific HUD design;
- Customer negotiations on optical requirements;
- Close collaboration with Mechanical engineers regarding design of opto-mechanical components, considering all building space restrictions;
- Responsible for validation and measurement technology applied to define quality of projection optics;
- Identifies improvement measures and potential to increase quality and profitability;
- Supports other disciplines involved in the project;
- Responsible for project level customer interaction;
- Responsible for effort estimation and optic schedule - definition and tracking;
- Necessary is a quick practice / fast learning in HUD optics, collaboration with different departments and the optical department from other locations.
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes, and organization.
- Master or PHD in Physics or engineering;
- Previous work experience and working knowledge of optical systems, LASER and related safety procedures;
- Experience in documenting and presenting technical work results;
- Experience in a programming language (C++, Matlab);
- Zemax, SPEOS or other optical simulation tool know-how;
- CAD design;
- Technical Mindset;
- Very good communication skills;
- Advanced English - spoken and written;
- Creativity and open mind;
- Flexibility and quick adaption in a changing environment.
Pay for Performance:
- Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
- Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
- Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
- Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
- In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
- Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
- Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
- Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
- Access to e-learning platforms;
- Career development opportunities (local and international);
- Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Our group develops Head-up-Displays (HUD’s) for a large range of passenger cars (e.g. Mercedes, Ford, Renault, BMW, Volkswagen, Audi etc.), starting from our customer’s requirements to serial production of the device.
Find out more about a Head-up-Display following this link:
Continental Automotive - Head-Up-Displays (continental-automotive.com)
Do you want to be part of the HUD group? These should spark your interest:
A Head-up Display (HUD) is a projecting system that shows all relevant information for a car driver directly in their line of sight. This is done by projecting light into the driver’s eyes, which will perceive a virtual image, containing all this information, in front of the car, overlapped with the road.
Now we start a team who will be involved in new technologies for HUD and who will make the steps forward from new ideas to new concepts and products.