The position requires designing, developing, integrating, and maintaining both hardware and software of radar test systems, functional and flash test systems, or in-circuit tests used to validate the functionality of various electronic control modules during the manufacturing process. The position also requires management of both small and large projects that may have a development cycle of up to two years.
1. Design, code, and debug test software to meet parametric measurement, functional test, & throughput requirements
2. Design, develop, integrate, and debug loadboxes, fixtures, cables, and test bays to meet product test requirements
3. Schedule, manage, and communicate multiple project activities between multiple project team members to assure on-time completion
4. Monitor, maintain, and improve test system yield and test time performance, including tools for data visualization
5. Monitor and improve both internal and external product quality
6. Participate on product and/or process problem-solving teams
7. Support and facilitate process, procedure, and cultural change targeted at improving quality and productivity
1. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent engineering degree
2. Knowledge of testing procedures within the electronics field
3. Strong programming knowledge and proficient in C
4. Experience and understanding of measurement systems
5. Experience and understanding of both digital and analog circuits
6. Ability to perform root-cause analysis and problem solve
7. Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and planning skills
8. Ability to lift up to 40lbs unassisted to include the ability to push, pull, reach, twist, turn, stoop, bend
9. Ability to sit and/or stand for a minimum of 8+ hours per day
10. Travel may be required once or twice a year with a duration of 2-3 days at a time
11. Evening and weekend work will also be required a few times per year
No visa sponsorship for this opening
Relocation assistance is not available for this opening
* Knowledge of PXI instruments
2+ years of testing experience within the electronics field
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS (travel, lifting restrictions, etc.):
Travel may be required once or twice a year with a duration of 2-3 days at a time. Minor lifting and several hours of standing are common. Evening and weekend work will also be required a few times per year.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Join the New Braunfels, TX team for the exciting journey of a new facility start-up (Greenfield). The $110 million facility will manufacture Advanced Driver Assistance Systems for automated and assisted driving. Join the Continental team that manufactures products that save lives everyday!