Advanced Purchasing Engineer for User Experience (TM)
- Actively support the acquisition phase in order to consolidate a reliable and competitive BOM (Bill of Materials) price;
- Work in close collaboration with design team (Electronic and Mechanic), this goes along with review of designs, involvement of all internal sourcing-relevant disciplines and initiating and closing of sourcing processes;
- Control BOM cost: Track and improve BOM cost from project quoting phase until SOP (Start of Production), define measures to close the gaps to target BOM cost;
- Responsible for DTC/ReDTC activities from purchasing side;
- Be the active leader of the supplier selection process from RFQ to Supplier award in order to guarantee the best TCO (total cost of ownership) sourcing decision;
- Responsible for closing the sourcing procedures on time;
- Support the Purchasing roadmap that will be defined as product line/group level to harmonize business unit strategy with purchasing strategy and implement them in day-to-day activities;
- Perform market analysis to acquire new suppliers in case of new technologies needed;
- Purchasing representative in the project team until SOP. Manage operational tasks surrounding the Purchasing team (Ad-hoc Negotiations/quoting, price changes, etc.);
- Further project-specific tasks: Review of project milestones, participation in Core Team Meetings, and aligning of all project-relevant sourcing activities with AP colleagues (m/f/diverse).
- Academic degree in the field of Business, Engineering, Industrial Engineering or a similar qualification;
- Knowledge in electronic components will be appreciated;
- Fluent English language skills (written and spoken);
- Capability to operate with different cultures in an international team;
- Team skills, conflict management, open-mindedness as well as the willingness to network.
- What we offer:
Pay for Performance:
- Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
- Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
- Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
- Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
- In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
- Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
- Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
- Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
- Access to e-learning platforms;
- Career development opportunities (local and international);
- Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.