Reliability Laboratory Test Engineer (R&D) - QL (TM)
A car is made of hundreds of parts and we test the reliability of each of them. We simulate the real-life conditions that each component must endure through induced vibrations, extreme weather conditions, corrosion environments, etc. Our job is to make sure the tests are performed according to international standards, reported correctly, and following well rounded processes and timings.
You will be handling the laboratory equipment and conduct tests reporting findings to a laboratory engineer. The goal is to optimize lab procedures and success in producing reliable and important results that can be used to make a difference.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Support other Reliability test engineers with qualifying automotive parts;
- Receive, label, and inspect samples (electronics, mechanical parts, etc.);
- Conduct experiments under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses following international and customer standards;
- Contribute to debugging, repairing, and modifying our test equipment and setups;
- Integrate all test environment components (climatic chambers / shakers / driving equipment, etc.) according to internal processes and project needs;
- Contribute to planning and effort estimation of lab equipment. Contributes to the improvement if internal processes;
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility;
- Maintain the lab equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies;
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are always followed strictly and maintain a clean and orderly environment.
A mentor will support in taking over own responsibility through an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes, and organization.
- Technical school / education (i.e. Electronics, Electro-Technics);
- Basic knowledge in Mechanics, Electronics;
- Experience in operating electrical and nonelectrical laboratory equipment;
- Working knowledge of MS Office and database systems;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Medium English language level.
- What we offer:
Pay for Performance:
- Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
- Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
- Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals;
- Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping, …. )
- In-house restaurant & coffee corners;
- Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
- Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
- Free Language Courses (English, Deutsch, French etc);
- Access to e-learning platforms;
- Career development opportunities (local and international);
- Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc);
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.