Shipping and Receiving Associate (Starting Rate: $16.81)
- Stage, when applicable, load, and post in SAP customer shipments.
- Transfer the applicable greige rolls physically and in SAP from the weave room to the appropriate storage location.
- Unload raw material and purchased fabric deliveries and process them in SAP.
- Unload deliveries made at Plant 2.
- Transport raw material yarn to twisting and weaving as needed and issue it out of SAP inventory.
- Load recyclable shipments.
- Load waste shipments.
- Unload customer returns and process them in SAP.
- Clean warehouses and docks.
- Store and protect raw material yarn, greige rolls, and finished goods properly. Chock double stacked rolls.
- Notify the shipping and receiving warehouse team leader of issues with forklifts and scan guns immediately.
- Complete the Daily Forklift Check List (Ref. HV179) at the beginning of shift.
- Comply with safety / PPE requirements by wearing steel toed shoes, safety glasses, ear protection, etc. in designated areas. Chock all trucks / trailers at the dock before entering.
- Assist with physical inventory / cycle counts of raw material yarn, greige rolls, and finished goods, etc. as requested.
- Report safety issues and any other situation that interrupts the normal daily operations to the shipping and receiving warehouse team leader and / or management immediately.
- Complete special projects as requested or any other duties as assigned
Standing- 20%, Climbing 80%, Crawling- 75%, Sitting- 80%, Moving Material- 100%, Reaching- 80%, Bending Stooping- 80% of time
Hearing Speaking- Able to hear and speak with supervision, section leaders and co-workers to perform job properly.
Visual Acuity- Color Vision required with normal vision to perform job properly.
TYPICAL TOOLS, INSTRUMENTS AND EQUIPMENT:
Hand or Power:
Hand Tools, Electric hoists, Electric drill, Power wrenches, Paint spray cans, etc., Lift truck
- Minimum of 6 months of continuous manufacturing or warehouse experience
- Meets eligibility requirements.
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Must be able to work with/around chemicals.
- Computer literate, knowledge of SAP, lotus notes and Microsoft Access 97 preferred.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and a team player.
- Must be able to multi task
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be flexible to work various shifts.
- Must be able to lift minimum 25lbs daily.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Lift, move and position materials, use tools, equipment, etc. quickly and effectively.
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices.
- Operate lift trucks and other material moving equipment. Must maintain possession of a valid lift truck operator license.
- Training required: Lift Truck Operator License, ISO overview, Safety overview, Yearly job evaluation
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- $500 sign on bonus (new employees, after 90 days of acceptable attendance)
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Hogansville, GA location is seeking a Shipping and Receiving Associate to join our team. The ideal candidate is a team player, dependable, and works well within a team environment.