Weaver Set Up (Tie & Draw) (2nd & 3rd shift, Pay Range: $15.75 - $18.50)
- Communicate with the off-going shift.
- Receive instructions from Supervisor.
- Installing lease rods: Check warp board, find the oldest date that has been leased (Always go with the oldest date)
- Tie-In: Same as leasing, the oldest date on the board that is ready to tie is the one that is next in line.
- Installing lease rods, Sulzer Loom Type TW11, Sulzer Loom Type PU, Sulzer Loom Type P7100, PGW Loom.
- Tie Sulzer and PGW Looms.
- Tying style “Z & S”-twist.
- Pull knots on Sulzer looms.
- Put in lease string and rod.
- Pull lease rod up and around rollers to dropwire.
- To air splice, take one end off dropwire and one end off lease and air splice the two together.
- Pick leases and pull through dropwires, harness, and reed. Check Notice of Loom Change (ref. Form WEA030) for number of ends per reed.
- Put selvage yarn in and draw yarn up.
- When a loom is finished running a style and the fabric is doffed and the same style is scheduled for that loom, operator splices yarn behind eyeboard.
- Sweep area and maintain good housekeeping.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Understand and follow written and/or verbal instructions.
- Must be able to do basic math and read
- Lift, move and position materials, use tools, equipment, etc. quickly and effectively.
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices.
- Knowledge of defects, yarn and twisting.
- Knowledge of weaving area and machinery in house
- Operate lift trucks and other material moving equipment.
- possess or be able to obtain a valid lift truck operator license.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- $500 sign on bonus (new employees, after 90 days of acceptable attendance)
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Hogansville, GA location is seeking an Weaving Set Up/Tie & Draw Operator to join our team. The ideal candidate is a team player, dependable, and works well within a team environment.